Settling in

throughout the day only six more girls arrived to our cabin and unpacked after meeting everyone in the gym we all ate. they served pizza and their signature red velvet cupcakes. there were probably twenty-five counselors total and most had already been counselors so I was the youngest. I was excided, for the next week before the campers arrive they teach us how to do all the activities and stuff like that.

"hey what are you doing" Connor asked sitting down next to me in the sand. He looked at me with such enthusiasm I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm just watching the water"

"the water? what are you watching it do?"

"I'm watching it move, I'm watching how it adapts and shapes to different things"

"well as fun as that sounds Bob said to round everyone up for bed.

" Bob?"

" Yea Bob the head director, I think his real names Alex but I call him Bob"

"okay then, that's good to know" I said. Connor stood up and held out his hand. I just looked at him, then finally grabbed his hand. He pulled me up and we walked back to our cabin where everyone was waiting. a girl named Grace slept next to me she snored. it took me a while to fall asleep because of it. Then finally an hour later at eleven I felt my eyes getting heavy and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of a trumpet, I looked at the clock on the wall it was seven. I reached under my bed for my bath towel. I could hear the shower running, I looked over to graces bed she was still in bed and so were the other girls Ashley, Monaca, Jen, Taylor, and Rachel. Then saw that Connors bed was already made, I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom area. I washed off my face and brushed my teeth, then I heard the shower stop. Connor stepped out of the shower with a towel around his waist, "hey Connor what time did you get up?" I must have scared him because he jumped.

"wow, Abby you scared me, I didn't know anyone was up."

"sorry, why'd you get up so early?"

"oh I didn't want to shower when y'all were awake.. I didn't want anyone to be uncomfortable."

I smiled and laughed a little bit. Connor looked confused, I just looked at him waiting for him to move out of the way. Then he walked out of the bathrooms and back to his bed. I jumped in the shower, I only had five minutes because all the other girls had to shower and we had to be at the diner at seven-thirty.