𖥻 free, park sunghoon

free, 박성훈

free, 박성훈

꒰🖋️꒱

"there you go." sunghoon hands you a can of beer, your lips stretching in a wide smile as he takes a seat beside you on the cold ground. the sky is turning a light shade of orange mixed with pink, eyes twinkling with bliss & euphoria.

you are free ─ for once in your hectic life, you can say that you're truly free.

"thanks." you mutter under a shaky breath, a chuckle ringing through the air as he takes a quick sip from his beer. "why thank me? you're the one who pushed me into doing this."

"I never really imagined running away, but hell." you look up as stars have started to appear one by one, the sky turning purple. "being an idol has never been so hectic before. it's like…it's like I don't want to do this shit anymore."

"pressure. more pressure. banning you from doing whatever you desire. even that can of beer would bring me trouble. let me breathe for once!" you exclaim, throwing your hands in the air ─ sunghoon barely escapes getting hit straight in the face.

"really, what's freedom?"

he suddenly says, his voice barely audible in the choir of crickets and cars honking as they drive down the highway. you shrug and lean back, legs thrown in the air. "man... I just realized."

"what?" his brows meet each other, taking another sip as he eagerly waits for you to continue. "you know, you have technically never been free. ten years of ice skating, then straight up idol training and boom! there you are, enhypen's park sunghoon."

"and me?" you scoff. "I'm complaining about those two years of training and three years of idol life." sunghoon stares at you for a good minute, mind pondering with an idea that just got stuck to his mind.

it's worth giving it a shot.

"teach me how to be free."

your eyes go wide & you almost choke on your beer as you avert your gaze from the purple horizon to his hazel colored eyes. "huh?"

"tell me, what's it that makes you feel free? what is it that makes you feel... alive?"

your eyes trail up to his face, gazes locking under the dim sky as you take your time. what is it that makes you feel happy, elated... free?

seconds become a minute & sunghoon grows impatient with the silence that has all of a sudden taken over. after a few beats, you clear your throat. "the rain. standing under the rain is what makes me happy."

"cliche." he comments with a scoff, your fist meeting his arm. "ouch─"

"cliche your ass." you hum a little, taking more of your precious free time thinking, while he is literally hanging from his lips. "empty highways in the sunset."

"there you go." he cheers, raising his can of beer in the air & taking a long sip. you glare at him as he chuckles. "I'm sorry, keep going."

"hmm… the cold air. running down a field or maybe... an empty highway. screaming my lungs out. singing my favorite songs without having people judge my voice. dancing in the rain."

"freedom can be defined by the little things that make you happy."

sunghoon nods at your words, his eyes fixated to the ground while he ponders with what you'd just said. freedom is the little things that make you happy ─ really, what makes him happy?

ice skating, for sure. gliding through the ice, waving his arms and letting his body speak for him, it's a feeling that's irreplaceable. it makes him feel like he's floating, swimming in bliss & ecstasy.

hanging out with the members. to be able to have people like them in his life and call him his friends is a true blessing. being with them brings him utmost comfort and peace, even if the cameras are right up their asses. with them, he's free.

you. it's unfortunate enough that the both of you are idols, which renders the both of you victims of the constant spotlight. but he doesn't mind; as long as he's with you, he's okay.

he suddenly stands up and dusts off his jeans. you give him a questioning look, crashing your empty can. "you alright?"

he gives you a sheepish smile, taking his jacket from the ground & quickly searching through its pockets for something.

"get in the car." he says after a while, you already being beside him and trying to see over his broad shoulders ─ turns out he was looking for the car keys.

he runs up to the car he'd rented for the three-day event held in australia.

"w─why?" "trust me, you'll love it." he says with the widest smile you've seen him wear in years. you couldn't help but follow him, curiosity taking the most of you as you hastily climb into the passenger's seat & wear the seat belt.

"you told me what freedom is to you. now, shall we apply it to reality?"

꒰💭꒱ note by me !

it's so weird to think that this was my first ever oneshot :,) kind of makes me nostalgic ngl. i hope you guys enjoyed this little run down moonbaeric's first days as an instagram author <3