Chapter Thirty - Finally There..And This Happens..

*A few days later...*

$Drake$

I looked at Riley as she started to sit up. "What you need?"

"Bathroom,"

"They gave you that catheter for a reason," I walked over and helped her up.

She straight faced me. "Do you really think I gonna use that thing while you sitting in here? No thanks,"

I chuckled slightly. "Didn't that put it in?"

"No," she closed the door of the bathroom when she finally got in.

I sat on the bed, waiting for her to finish up, then, her phone rang as it was sitting on her bedside table.

Now I don't usually do this but I picked up. It was a text from some guy named Antwan.

'We need to talk, Can I come by?' I read.

"What are you doing with my phone?"

I sat it back down quickly. "It was ringing,"

"And you decided to pick it up?" she glanced at me. "Who was it anyway?"

"Some dude named Antwan,"

I sat beside at my original stop that was only the couch after I made sure Riley was comfortable in the bed.

Whoever this nigga is, he needs to disappear real quick.

❇Riley❇

I watched Drake as he became quiet and in his own world on the couch, into his phone more than normal. I honestly don't know what this is about, it's not like I have some secret agenda or something.

'Of course, I'll be waiting. ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ' I replied.

As I was about to sit my phone down, it rung again. Drake looked up, then back to his phone.

It was another text from Antwan.

'You won't have to wait long. =)'

Before I could reply, there was a knock at the door.

"OMG, Ant! You have a goatee!" I smiled as Antwan walked in.

He walked over and kissed my forehead. "A lot has changed in the last six months,"

"Yeah, tell me about it," I looked in Drake's direction, so did Antwan.

"Aye, you're Drake, right?"

Drake smiled slightly and nodded.

"Okay, anyway, I miss you so much," Ant sat down on the bed by my feet. "I miss kissing those lips," he caressed my face.

As I was about to say something, Drake stormed out of the room.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I have something to tell you,"

He put his hand up. "Me first," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box.

This is not happening...

He held my hand. "When I got the call that you were in the hospital, I cried because I thought I wasn't going to see you again. I prayed and asked God that if I could see you again, I would never let you go again. I still get mad at myself for leaving you alone,"

He opened the box, to be honest with you, the ring was really pretty but it wasn't for me.

"Riley Kai Whitley, will you marry me?"

I guess this is happening..

I looked at the ring, then his face. "I'm sorry but I can't, I'm with Drake,"

His face fell but he tried to smile in the mist of his hurt. "I knew I shouldn't have left you, he is so lucky,"

And here comes the tears. "I didn't mean to hurt you, you have done so much for me,"

"Riley, I would do anything in this world for you, regardless if we are together or not," he wiped my tears away gently with his thumb. "I love you so much,"

"I love you too," I rubbed his face and pecked his lips softly.

We just looked in each other's eyes, nothing was said, nothing needed to be said.

"Call me if you need anything," he stood up and walked to the door.

"Wait, I know Drake is probably in the waiting room, can you tell him to come back?"

Antwan nodded slightly, smiling.
I won't be telling Drake about this one, I am taking this one the grave.