3x03 The End of the Affair

Salvatore Boarding House
Damon is fixing himself something to drink in the living room when his phone rings. He answers it.
Damon:"you're interrupting my drink."
Isabela:"you miss me?"
Damon:"Isabela. Where are you!"
Isabela:"lurking outside your window, pining away."
Damon:"what do you want?"
Isabela:"I'm homesick. What have I missed?"
Damon:"well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Nevaeh still thinks she can save him and no one's thought about you since you left."
Isabela:"and what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend."
Damon:"I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is."
Isabela:"hmm."
Damon:"but you do. Are you trailing them?"
Isabela:"a hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away."
Damon:"which means you know exactly where they are."
Isabela:"all I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers."
Damon:"how do you know that?"
Isabela:"spent 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you."
Damon:"is that what you're doing? Looking out for my brother?"
Isabela:"maybe, maybe not. I'm conflicted."
Damon:"where are they?"
~~~***~~~
Chicago
Klaus and Stefan got out of the car, and walked on the sidewalk.
Klaus:"welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."
Stefan:"what are we doing here?"
Klaus:"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"
Stefan:"I don't remember much, blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."
Klaus:"well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend."
~~~***~~~
Chicago Circa 1920
Klaus:"word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun.
Stefan is in a car making out with a girl but then he drinks her blood and kills her. He gets out of the car, removes the blood from his lips, and walks down the street.
Stefan enters a bar and pats the doorman on the shoulder as he passes. The owner of the bar who is singing on stage sees Stefan.
Gloria:"guess who my eyes have spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"
Stefan:"save me a dance, Gloria."
He's about to takes a champagne glass but a beautiful blonde girl takes it first.
Stefan:"ooh. Please, help yourself."
Rebekah:"oh, I always do."
She gets closer, licks his lips and whispers something in his ear. She's vamps out.
Rebekah:"careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely."
She's about to leave but he grabs her arm.
Stefan:"no, no, no. Who are you?"
She puts a finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet. She walks away.
~~~***~~~
Chicago
Klaus:"Chicago was magical."
Stefan:"yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."
Klaus:"going to get down to business, then?"
Stefan:"why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"
Klaus:"we're going to go see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."
Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.
~~~***~~~
Gilbert Residence
I was in my bedroom, sleeping, when I turned over.
Damon:"rise and shine, beautiful."
Damon is lying on my bed beside me with his hands behind his head. My head was on his chest. I smiled up at him.
Nevaeh:"what are you doing here?"
Damon:"I know you were dreaming about me. Explains the drool."
Nevaeh:"oh, my god." I looked at my alarm clock,"six a.m. Seriously? Do you really have nothing better to do at six in the morning?"
Damon:"Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan home. See ya." He gets up.
Nevaeh:"Wait, wait, wait, wait. What? What are you talking about? Where is he?"
Damon:"Windy City."
Nevaeh:"Stefan is in Chicago? Well, how do you know?"
Damon:"it came to me in a dream. I was naked. You would have loved it. Start packing."
Nevaeh:"Is he okay?"
Damon:"Well, let's just say he's not there to meet Oprah."
He opens my drawer and takes a pair of my underwear.
Damon:"Ooh. Put these in the 'yes' pile."
I got up, took my underwear from his hands and puts it back in the drawer.
~~~***~~~
Cellar
Elena is still tied to a chair. She struggles with the hand restraints but they don't give. She hears a noise.
Elena:"Uncle Bill, are you there? Why won't you talk to me? Uncle!"
Smoke enters the cellar through the vents. Bill opens the door and enters.
Bill:"shh. I'm so sorry this happened to you."
Elena:"Uncle Bill..."
Bill:"I need an answer. How do you walk in the sunlight?"
Elena:"just let me go."
Bill:"sweetheart, please, just answer me. Then we'll get on with it."
Elena:"is that all you want to know?"
She looks down at her ring, and Bill sees it and looks at the ring.
Bill:"interesting."
He takes the ring off her finger.
Elena:"no, Uncle Bill, no! What are you..."
He tosses the ring to the floor.
Elena:"what are you doing? What are you doing?"
Bill:"your ancestors built this place. People figured it was unruly prisoners at the jailhouse, but...they had something else in mind. Vervain in the ventilation system to keep their subjects weak. Reinforced steel containment chair. And that."
He exits the cellar.
Elena:"what are you doing?"
He comes back with a blood bag and puts it in front of her. She vamps out. He takes the blood bag back.
Bill:"blood controls you, sweetheart. This is how I'm gonna fix you."
Elena:"what?"
He walks to and pulls on a chain, rotating slats on the window above and behind her which bathe Elena with sunlight. Elena screams and her skin burns.
~~~***~~~
Damon's Car