25

Kelendria's POV
Walmart
May 21

"Y'all's behinds need to stay by this cart." I warned as the kids ran around. I had three children with me and only one of them was mine.

As stressed as I seemed, it was something I loved about this family. There were always playmates for the kids.

Kross was only here for today because Robyn and Solange were in Houston with him.

"Can we get nerf guns, please?" Kross pleaded and held up a nerf gun. "Please, titi?"

"Nope." I pushed the cart and they trailed behind me.

"Why not, mama?" Noah asked.

"I said no." I gave him a look and he stopped asking.

I'd let them get the nerf guns, but only once I was done getting what I needed. They needed to behave for more than two minutes before they tried to negotiate anything.

"Mani, go get some oranges. Kross, go get some good green apples. Noah, go get the best looking strawberries." I sent them off to do things as I walked towards the fruit section.

They all ran to do as told.

As they did that, I went to browse the grapes. I loved to get the mixed grapes. The green ones were my favourite but when I was on my period I preferred the purple ones.

"Excuse me." I heard from beside me and I looked over. "Kelly."

It was Onika's friend.

"Hi, Quinton." I replied and turned to see where the boys were.

Kross was chewing on something from the free fruit basket. After making sure they were ok, I turned back to Quinton.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked after realising he was talking.

"I was just asking about Onika's ex-wife." He spoke. "Nicki just told me we're having dinner in a few days and her ex is coming."

If I was him, I would've worried about the fact that she was alive. From what I'd heard, Onika pulled a gun out on him. I heard that from Beyoncé, so she definitely wanted his head for whatever reason.

"If she told you that, then I'm sure it's true." I spoke before calling the boys over to me with what they'd picked up.

"She was being for real?" He asked. "I thought her ex was dead."

"She's not." I shrugged.

"Ok." He went silent for a second.

"Hi. You're Quinton." Armani looked up and Quinton looked down. "You were at my house."

"I was." He spoke. He seemed nervous for some reason.

"Why?" Armani questioned him.

"I went to see your mom."

"Why?" Kross asked.

"I'm her friend."

"Why?" This time Noah asked.

"Boys, go pick some milk." I instructed.

The boys ran over to the dairy section, which allowed for Quinton to have my attention again.

"On a scale of 1-10, how worried should I be about them being in a room together?"

This was clearly stressing him out, so I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"So I should be worried?" He responded as I stayed silent.

I snapped out of the little bubble I was in, looking him straight in the eye. I was very ready to lie to him.