Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Sad Day

Amelia may not possess conventional beauty, yet her mother's love for her remains unwavering. Her mother consistently emphasized the significance of inner beauty. Conversely, Amelia's father, Owen, displays a lack of care towards his daughter. Amelia's parents are named Annabelle and Owen. While watching the news, Amelia learns that King George has arranged for his son, Prince Arthur, to marry Princess Katherine once he reaches adulthood. The entire kingdom eagerly anticipates the union of Prince Arthur and Princess Katherine. Prince Arthur is widely admired for his striking appearance, attracting the attention of numerous potential suitors. However, Amelia remains unaware of Prince Arthur's physical attributes.

It's really unfortunate that Prince Arthur and Princess Katherine have been engaged since birth, but have never actually met each other. It's sad to think that they are being forced into this marriage without even knowing one another. Amelia can relate to this feeling since her own parents' marriage was arranged, and she's unsure if they even love each other. Meanwhile, Annabelle is expecting her second child and Owen is hoping for a son. It's always exciting to think about expanding your family, but it's important to remember that a child's gender doesn't determine their worth or potential.

Amelia is excited about the upcoming arrival of a new sibling, regardless of their gender. Annabelle is a princess, with her father being the king of France. Owen, on the other hand, is a duke. Annabelle's father makes arrangements for her to marry Owen. Annabelle and her half-brother Victor do not have a good relationship. After their father's death, Victor becomes the king and banishes Annabelle and Henry from France. Annabelle's mother remarries, and Henry takes on his stepfather's last name. Although Annabelle and Henry get along, they haven't spoken to each other in a while.

Annabelle has a precious royal ring that she has kept since she was a baby, and she often tells Amelia stories about its magical powers. According to her, the ring is only given to princes and princesses after they are born, and it can only fit its true owner. Amelia loves hearing her mother's tales of her time as a princess. Unfortunately, Owen is frequently away on business trips, and Annabelle suspects that he is having an affair. However, she is focused on her baby and daughter and remains content with her current life.

Annabelle went into labor and Owen isn't home at the moment. The doctor called Owen and informed him that Annabelle went into labor and they had taken her to the hospital. Unfortunately, Annabelle is having a difficult time giving birth and has lost a lot of blood. Owen rushes to the hospital to be with her. Annabelle has already given birth to a son, and they have named him George after her father. Amelia is thrilled to have a new brother. However, the doctor has some grim news for Owen and Amelia. He tells them that Annabelle is dying. Annabelle wanted to speak to Owen and Amelia before anything happened.

Amelia entered her mother's room, trying to be strong for her mother's sake. Annabelle had just finished talking to Owen and turned her attention to Amelia.

"Amelia, I love you very much and I am so proud of you," Annabelle said, her voice weak but determined. "You are a strong girl. I am hoping you continue being strong. Do not let my death or any other misfortune destroy you. I want you to fight for your happiness."

Annabelle paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts. "When you turn 18 years old, I want you to move out of your father's house. I've saved enough money for you to live a comfortable life," she said, her voice filled with love and concern.

Amelia felt a lump rise in her throat, tears threatening to spill over. "I will not disappoint you, Mom," she promised, trying to keep her voice steady.

She knew it wouldn't be easy, but she was determined to make her mother proud.

"I want you to have my ring. You are the rightful owner of my ring now. The ring will only fit you," Annabelle said, handing over the beautiful piece of jewelry to her daughter, Amelia.

Annabelle passed away shortly after, leaving Amelia heartbroken and in tears. Although Amelia was devastated by the loss of her mother, she knew she had to be strong and carry on. The ring would always remind her of the love they shared, and she would cherish it forever.