Chapter 15

Chapter 15: A New Start

King Philip has passed away! The entire Kingdom is heartbroken, as everyone loved him dearly. He was a truly great king and will be missed by all. Princess Katherine, his daughter, has been struggling with how to break the news to her brother Prince Arthur. She also has her own plans to move to Mississippi, as she does not want to live with her brother Prince Henry. She is concerned about how Prince Henry is treating his wife, Katherine. It's a difficult time for everyone, but they will all remember King Philip fondly.

Clark was out fishing with his son when he saw his sister Princess Katherine walking with Amelia.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Clark asked.

"Philip, why don't you come inside the house with me and I will make you a sandwich? Your aunt Katherine needs to talk to your Dad," Amelia requested. Philip obliged and followed his mom inside, while Clark stayed behind to talk to Princess Katherine.

"What is the matter?" Clark asked, sensing something was wrong.

"I'm sorry, but Dad has passed away," Princess Katherine replied.

Clark was in shock and couldn't move.

Amelia noticed that he was upset and asked, "What is the matter?" Princess Katherine replied, "Our Dad has passed away."

"I am sorry Clark and Katherine. Your dad was a good man," Amelia replied hugging both Clark and Princess Katherine.

Clark and Katherine were holding back tears, trying to stay strong for each other.

"Dad wrote you a letter," Princess Katherine replied, handing Clark the letter.

Clark took the letter, feeling a mix of emotions as he opened it. The words written by his father were a comfort to him, and he knew that his dad would always be with him in spirit.

Dear Arthur,

I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to tell you how proud I am of you and all that you have accomplished. It brings me great joy to see you thrive and succeed in ways that I never could.

I know that things were difficult when your mother and I first got married, but I am grateful that she learned to love me in time. I also want to apologize for not understanding some of the choices you have made in the past. But please know that I understand now and I am proud of you for following your heart.

I am writing to you now because I don't want you to attend the funeral. I fear that your brother, who is now the king, may try to harm you if he learns that you are still alive. Please take care of yourself and your family.

With love and admiration,

Your father, King Philip

"I'm so glad you decided to stay in Mississippi, Katherine," George said with a smile. "I was really hoping you would. I've been thinking a lot about our future together, and I know I want to marry you when I finish my medical degree."

Katherine smiled back at him, feeling a warm glow in her chest. She had always been fond of George, and the idea of spending her life with him was very appealing.

Later that day, Katherine mentioned to Clark that she had heard rumors about King Henry wanting to divorce Queen Katherine so he could marry Anne Brook. Clark looked grave when she told him this.

"I feel terrible for Princess Katherine," he said. "But I warned her that this might happen. She wouldn't listen."

Katherine nodded, feeling a sense of sadness for the princess. It was hard to imagine being in such a difficult position, with so much at stake. But she knew that sometimes life was like that - full of unexpected twists and turns. All she could do was try to make the most of her own situation, and hope for the best.

"I want to divorce Queen Katherine. I do not love her and she has not given me a son. I want a son to take my place on the throne. I do not want a daughter to take my place! I am in love with Anne Brooks and I want to marry her," King Henry replied to his friend King Victor.

"I will help you get a divorce," King Victor assures King Henry.

King Henry expressed his gratitude and thanked his friend for his support. Meanwhile, Anne was already expecting their child and King Henry was eager to marry her before their baby's birth.