I'm Not Your Friend

Now playing: American River - Destroy Boys┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

Yesterday's events were still stuck in my head. I was left wondering who the 'new kid' was. After attempting to listen around to what people were saying, 'new kid' was the only information I got from it, proving to be a bit frustrating. I refused to ask around...after all, why should I even care about this newcomer?

I suppose it's because people weren't too keen on interacting with him. The several times I've managed to spot him, he was always alone doing his own thing. Listening to music on his headphones and reading some uninteresting books. It didn't help that he was walking around the school wearing a comically long black trench coat, steering away any potential friends. It intrigued me, I wondered what was his reason for keeping so quiet.

"Psst.."

The pencil gripped in my hand came to a halt. After a moment, I resumed my sketch. I brushed it off as some person trying to get their friend's attention.

"Psssst..."

I continued doodling, finding it a tad bit irritating that they were being so loud. My eyes stayed glued to the piece of paper in front of me.

"Girls are born with all the eggs they'll ever have for reproduction. Boys do not produce sperm until puberty and they never stop producing them.."

I silently cringed at the words my psych teacher spoke. As I picked up my worn-out eraser, I was suddenly struck on the side of my head by a paper ball. I froze, did that just really happen?

I slowly looked to the side and eventually found my attacker. Veronica Sawyer. Didn't know she was the type to go out of her way to throw paper balls at strangers but there's a first to everything I guess. I rose a brow at her, giving a 'what the fuck was that for?' expression.

I was puzzled by the situation. I wondered after many years of simply coexisting within the same schools without any interaction; why had she strangely decided this was gonna be the day to talk to me? Was it a mistake? Did she mean to throw the paper ball at somebody else? That wouldn't make much sense either because Veronica herself lacked any friends in the first place.

Just before I could think myself to death, Veronica gestured to the paper ball with her hand and mouthed out a 'read it' to me. I gave her a strange look before slowly doing as I was told.

As I unraveled the wrinkled paper, I started reading the words. I noted how good her penmanship was but I guess that was given since she spends her free time forging people's signatures. It read,