Inevitable Encounter

Now playing: I Don't Care - VIOLENT VIRA┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

I can recall only a few instances when I was genuinely intrigued by someone. It's those moments when I find myself unable to look away, completely absorbed in observing the person's mannerisms, expressions, and movements. Their presence lingers in my mind long after our encounter, and I catch myself pondering about them more than I should. It's a rare occurrence, happening perhaps only twice in my entire 17 years of existence. And currently, I find myself experiencing this feeling once again.

I tried not to pay attention to him. I didn't understand why I kept getting drawn by him, especially since we'd only formally talked once which was now. It was irritating. A complete waste of my time, why? What made you so special that you've invaded my brain?

Didn't matter, it only gave me a greater reason to avoid him.

"...hello? You there?" His hand waved in front of my face.

I blinked, "Huh?" I said, feeling a bit dazed.

J.D. chuckled at me, holding out a band-aid, "I said, do you need a band-aid? You know for your bleeding finger?"

I looked at him quizzically, "Where'd you even get that from?"

He waved me off, "Always carry 'em around. You never know when someone will bite their fingers to the point of drawing blood, ya know?" He chuckled.

I simply took the band-aid, turning my attention to putting it on my finger. It was quiet for a moment while I was doing so, J.D.'s voice drawing me out of my thoughts, "So, I never caught your name."

"Didn't throw it," I mumbled causing the male to chuckle again. "Witty, you're an interesting guy I see."

"I wouldn't say that," I sighed, resting my head back against the wall, "So why are you talking to me?"

J.D. hummed as he crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall, "Because you seemed interesting. I mean, compared to everyone else in this shit hole."

"Well, I'm not," I sharply said, "Thanks for the band-aid and all but I'd like to resume what I was doing."

He rose a brow, "Which was?"

"People watching."

"Oh? Do you mean staring at people? You seem to like doing that a lot, especially to me, Y/n" He smirked.

I glanced at him, "I thought you didn't know my name?"

He sighed, the smirk never leaving his face, "I may have caught it when the teacher was doing roll call..."