Do You Think I'm Spooky?

Now playing: Autotheist - Baby Bugs┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

First period. I was seated by the window, allowing me to gaze outside throughout the class. My left hand was gently propped against my cheek while the other lay languidly atop my desk. As I observed the leaves gracefully swaying in the breeze, a faint tickling sensation diverted my attention. Peering down, I noticed a medium-sized spider leisurely traversing my skin.

I stared at it, watching as its long limbs carried itself further on top of my arm. Out of boredom, I took my left hand and scooped up the insect, watching it scurry off across my hands. Is this my origin story for becoming Spider-Man? I analyzed the creature for a moment until it was interrupted by a screech from the girl next to me.

"Is that a spider? Oh my god kill it!" She pointed at my arm as the swift creature seemed to break away from my grasp. Seriously? Yelling is so unnecessary now everyone is looking at me. How inconvenient.

I internally sighed, noticing several panicked gazes on me. To subdue their reactions, I quickly grabbed the spider on my shoulder and slammed it on my desk in an instant, "Got it..."

I mumbled as everyone seemed to relax. After that was dealt with, their attention shifted from me to the board in front of the class. The girl next to me visibly relaxed, "Wow, that was so scary! I don't understand how people could kill spiders with their own hands, isn't that gross?" She asked.

I glanced at her, shrugging. The girl awkwardly smiled at me before resuming her work. I let out a dragged-out sigh, already starting off to a rocky start.

R.I.P Mr. Spider. Sorry, I guess I'm not turning into Spider-Man today.

-

It was a passing period. My headphones were placed firmly on top of my head, blasting music to drown out the pesky students around me. I maneuvered my way through the various people, making it a bit difficult since I was quite tall. This caused me to trample over some students, muttering an apology before continuing my way to the lockers.

After finally making it to my destination, I opened my locker and shoved my textbooks inside. I hummed along to the song, my peace getting interrupted by a particular brunette once I slammed the locker shut. I stared at her, contemplating whether I should just walk away. I saw her mouth move but failed to hear any sounds since my headphones were currently violating my ears.

A deep sigh escaped my lips, tugging the headphones off and resting them against my neck. I blankly stared at the shorter girl, "Why have you come to disrupt my silent tranquility?"

Veronica playfully raised an eyebrow, "That's a nice way of saying I disturbed your quiet solitude. You're an individual of many words, I dig it." She chuckles while leaning against the lockers.