Part 7

In Ronon's room. He is lying down on a bed when Vala comes in with a tray of food. He looks at her.

VALA: Room service.

She enters and puts the tray on the table. Ronon gets up and sits at the table. He starts eating.

VALA: You're welcome. (Ronon doesn't say anything)

She looks at the room and sees on the other bed the book Landry gave to him. She takes it.

VALA: Hey, that's General Landry's book.
RONON: He gave it to me.
VALA: He made me read it too, you know. (She lies on the bed on her back) It's a terrible book.
RONON: You read it?
VALA: Of course not. I had Daniel to show me the movie instead.
RONON: The movie?
VALA: Yeah, that's what they do on Earth. If they like something, they would turn it into a movie. (she sighs) And let me tell you, that one in particular (shows the book) was very bad. That certainly explains why General Laundry is trying to get rid of it. (she pauses and goes through the book while Ronon looks at her, sighs, and starts eating) I don't quite understand why people are so fascinated by horror and brutality. (She turns the pages) They're obsessed with it, it's like they want to get hurt or something.
RONON: (His mouth full) They probably never experienced war.
VALA: Oh no, they have, but only twice. (She gestures 2 with her fingers. He looks at her)
RONON: Don't you have a room?
VALA: (Looks at him) I have actually. (She sits on the bed) But with Daniel and Sam gone on that planet, and John in a coma, I don't really have anyone else to go to. (She smiles at him) You should be honored you know; it was between you and the general.
RONON: Do you always talk like that?
VALA: Do you always eat like that?

They stare at each other for a minute. Suddenly, they hear some big noise coming from outside of the room. Vala gets up, and Ronon puts his fork down.

VALA: What was that?
RONON: Stay here.

He opens the door and one marine falls onto him. He grabs him, Vala comes to help him and they put him slowly on the floor. Ronon looks outside and sees the other marine on the floor. He checks his pulse. Vala checks the other marine's pulse.

VALA: He's alive.
RONON: That one too.

He grabs the marine and puts him on a bed. He helps Vala put the other one on the other bed. They both instinctively take their weapons. Ronon goes out and heads to the other isolation room. Vala hesitates and follows him.

VALA: Ronon.

She joins him. Ronon is checking the other two Marines' vitals. He gets up and opens the door when Lorne jumps on him. Ronon falls on the floor and Lorne is punching him. His eyes are red, he is all sweaty. Vala stops and raises her gun.

VALA: Stop! (Lorne raises his head and looks at her) Don't make me shoot you!
RONON: Shoot him!
VALA: Wh...

Vala looks at Ronon, but Lorne is faster and he immediately jumps on her. He pushes her to the wall and he takes her gun. He aims at her but Ronon pushes him before he can fire. The gun falls on the floor. Lorne grabs it and runs off. Ronon helps Vala get up.

RONON: You ok?
VALA: Yes, thank you.
RONON: You should've shot him.
VALA: Are you kidding me? He is one of us.
RONON: Not anymore. (Vala looks at the room, empty)
VALA: Where are the others?
RONON: Come on. (He walks)
VALA: Where are you going?
RONON: We need weapons.
VALA: We're not gonna kill them, are we?

He leaves and she follows him.

--------------------------------------------------------

In the infirmary, Keller is working on her computer. Suddenly, she hears people panicking and screaming. She looks up and she sees a woman coming her way running.

KELLER: Laura, what is going on? (She is coming to her when she gets hit by a wraith blast. She falls on the floor, Keller looks at her, shocked) Oh my god.

She is about to go to her but she hears more blasts and other people screaming. She steps back and looks around. She goes to hide behind a medicine cabinet. She looks at what is happening. Colonel Sheppard enters the room, with the same red eyes and sweat. He is holding a blast gun and he is looking around, growling.

KELLER: (Whispers) Colonel Sheppard?

He hears another noise from the other side of the room. He is about to go there when he is attacked by Teyla. Keller makes a small noise, surprised and she puts her hand on her mouth. Teyla and Shepp are fighting, they throw at each other everything they can find. The fight lasts 2 minutes and Teyla finally puts Sheppard KO. She waits but he is not moving. She grabs the blast gun, shoots at him, and leaves.

--------------------------------------------------------

Vala and Ronon arrive in the armory. Vala immediately takes a radio while Ronon takes guns and bulletproof vests.

VALA: General Landry, can you hear me?
LANDRY: (on the radio, after a moment) Vala, where are you?
VALA: I am with Ronon in the armory. We may have a situation with Colonel Sheppard and his team.
LANDRY: I know, I heard, they're all over the city already. It's a good thing Carter sent half of the people to their quarters. I just contacted Chuck to make sure it stays that way; half of the north wing has already been locked down.
VALA: Where are you?
LANDRY: I'm in the east wing, near the infirmary. I just had a fight with Doctor Lane. (Ronon looks back at her)
VALA: Are you alright?
LANDRY: Well, I'm better than Doctor Lane right now.
RONON: Tell him we're coming. (He gives Vala a vest and a stun gun. He has a stun gun himself)
VALA: We're coming to you, General.
LANDRY: Alright, but only use force if necessary. They're still our people.
VALA: (She looks at Ronon) I'll try my best, Vala out. (She looks at Ronon leaving in one direction) Ronon, where are you going, the infirmary is that way. (She points in the other direction)
RONON: I know, I just need to grab something first.
VALA: What?
RONON: My gun.
VALA: You heard Landry, we're not supposed to kill them.
RONON: (Stops and looks at her) Then I'll meet you at the infirmary.
VALA: No, don't leave me here alone.
RONON: You'll be fine. (He turns back but she grabs his arm)
VALA: No. You've seen Major Lorne over there, they're basically animals.
RONON: (He hesitates) Stay quiet. (She nods, smiles and they go on their way)

--------------------------------------------------------

After a moment, they arrive in a corridor. Someone gets out of a room and sees Ronon. They are obviously unaware of what is going on. Ronon stays focused on what's ahead of him. Vala gestures to the man to go back to the room, which he does, in panic. Ronon turns a corner and opens a door. Suddenly, someone fires a gun at them and they both jump into the room. They go to each side of the door and wait. The room opens and Marshall enters the room. Ronon starts a fight with him. Vala tries to aim but they keep on moving. Ronon fights with Marshall for a minute, then finally manages to grab his gun on a table and fires at him. Marshall falls on the floor unconscious.

VALA: Are you kidding me? (She goes to the body and checks his vitals)
RONON: (Looks at his gun) I didn't kill him. (She looks at Ronon checking his gun)
VALA: You had to check? (Ronon puts his gun belt on, along with his knife. Vala looks at him) You better not use this Ronon.
RONON: (He stops) Do you always have to command people?
VALA: It depends, do you always have to kill people?
RONON: I didn't kill him.
VALA: (She takes Marshall's gun) Just like you didn't try to kill Major Lorne earlier? (She looks around and sighs) What do we do with him? (She shows Marshall on the floor)