Chapter 4: Contrast

First light had the blond outside, out and searching around him, curious eyes and many spiralling questions flowing free within his mind. So much divergence from what he had know, persons, textures, speech and demeanour. All obscure, though far from unpleasant, smoke remained in the air- the giant pit of fire which had been now set to rest until the dusk. Though the smell was not an odour, just a restful tip of the forest hinting at his nose. He smiled for it, for in truth- he had never seen a fire- not in whole; not the blaze of colours casting themselves towards the sky. No, he had only seen the shadows, the flickering glow of colour on the tents surrounding, as he bid goodnight to himself in his. Now, he had witnessed the honest warmth they possessed, stared unto their neverending flame and delighted in the change they made. Kou had stayed with him while food was served, and though he had wished to know the woman which was Naori- she had other matters to see unto and could not join. It was a curiosity that held the blond Omega's mind, for he had not met many Alpha within his former encampment, yet he lived now in a clan where they stood in predominance. He would need to adjust quickly so as to not be inept.

There was much he had to know, learn afore himself, that knowledge which had been caged from him- basic knowings to which all persons should understand. Then further, those new truths of the clan he had committed unto himself to join, their culture, manner, ways and beliefs. Evermore, all that was, that were, that would be; he had a profane desire to learn all he might. Thus he stepped out of the shelter he had been given and stared around him, spun even to see all he could within a moment. The trees tall, with leafs so green- perhaps even bordering on yellow, the bark brown and darkened beige, the earth much the same though less defined by patterns. The sky brightened, livened with a blue coming forward underneath the fragility of a fading gentle yellow, he knew what a cloud was- though he had never seen them above, white and softened- he wondered if they would be the ideal of every man to rest their head upon, a softness unparalleled by any of humanity's attempts.

Others were rising alongside himself, but only those with Omega-sanctioned cloth, long robes with bandages around the middle waist, Naruto could only assume to halt an overflow of the fabric, the design followed with the sleeves, they were long and spread wide- lengthening after the elbow; but it was halted from dropping below the wrist by a bandage wrapping around the elbow. He noticed yet again, perhaps with a measure of discomfort, perhaps with a sigh of ease that he was indeed away from what had been; none held a weapon in a holster. Or, Naruto considered, there were, but none to be readily seen by a man unknowing.

Observing those whom left his own tent, it was fair he notice that all were young, by glance the blond could guess around his own age of thirteen cycles- to perhaps seventeen. A variety of differingskin palates, eyes and facial features, though each had considerably lengthy hair flowing long down their backs- far so more then his own. He twirled a strand or two at his neck in seeing such. To glance about, those Omega's in separate tents now emerging, were much then same as those from where he had slept, a variety of differences between each individual, they however, near all, had their hair done up- some resting a slight on their shoulders but nary never without a tie to bind them upwards in a fashion. They too were older then those where he had slept, tellings of age indicated a far more broad designation between however.

A few of those from his own tent glanced towards each other after having caught his eye- then came forward with soft smiles; that is two held a manner of gentle rapport, the latter had upon her a line- her face so stiff it was alike the crust of an oak. "Forenoon," they spoke courteous, and Naruto steeled himself, for he had too little an experience with persons to know how the winds of conversation should flow -noting a slight absently that one of their party while having, no doubt, a great amount of hair, it did not flow down her back as many, a comfort to his eyes as he did not feel so very obscure.- He smiled in turn, a grin stricken upon his face which he had scarcely held in his captivity- perhaps when only for a malicious joy; in hearing of death greeting one of his clansmen.