I Need A Lawyer

"But the sign said it was one-forty nine."

"Well, it rang up one-ninety nine, so. . ."

"Um, could you get your manager?"

"No, but you can get these hands," Ichigo grumbled as he stepped off of his platform to get Kisuke. He was so irritated with this job; honestly, now that Grimmjow was helping him, he really didn't need it. He only stayed to help Kisuke out, and he only worked one day a week. He also figured it'd be best to keep it so that he'd be better able to explain his lack of financial issues.

He stepped into Kisuke's office, rolling his eyes. The man sat at his desk, playing Pokémon on his handheld gaming device.

"Kisuke, a customer wants to see you," Ichigo said, flatly. Kisuke continued to play, seemingly ignorant to what Ichigo had said. "Kisuke!"

The man jumped, placing a hand over his heart.

"Is something the matter, Mr. Kurosaki?" he asked. Ichigo rolled his eyes once more.

"Like I just said, there's a customer that wants to see you." Kisuke blinked but didn't move otherwise.

"For?"

"I don't know, she's bitching about something. You wanna get out there? Because if I say what I want to say, she'll probably never come back."

At that Kisuke stood, mumbling something about Charizard and poor people skills. Ichigo followed him out, stepping back on his platform and crossing his arms over his chest. He looked at the line that had formed at his register and almost sighed. Then he frowned when he spotted a head of black hair at the end of it.

Fuck is that dumbass doing here? he thought to himself. Maki was with two of his equally-irrelevant-to-Ichigo friends. He looked at the orange-haired male before looking back at one of his friends and laughing. Ichigo just shook his head. And to think he almost considered dating this guy a year ago.

Soon he'd finished checking out most of the customers and Maki was standing in front of him with a stupid smug look on his face. Ichigo smirked.

"Heard you're still talking shit, Ichinose," he said smoothly as he slid the items across the scanner and tossed them into bags. Maki tsked.

"No need to dwell on the past when the future's so promising, Kurosaki." Ichigo raised an eyebrow at that.

"Fuck are you smoking?"

"How does your manager feel about you using such foul language in front of the customers?"

"How do you feel about having my foot in your ass?"

"Ooh, so crass. I suggest you start being a little nicer to me, Ichi."

Ichigo grabbed Maki's receipt and flicked it in the other male's general direction.

"Have a nice fucking day," he said loud enough so that he knew Kisuke heard him. Maki still looked smug as he left with his friends, and it pissed Ichigo off even more. How irritating.

It wasn't enough that Maki continued to spread ignoble rumors at school, no, he had to come bother Ichigo at work too. Quite frankly theorange head had had enough. He wasn't entirely sure who to talk to about this kind of thing, so he figured he'd tell his dad. Isshin had given him that whole speech about telling him when Ichigo had a problem, so he thought this would be a perfect opportunity.

"Kisuke, I'm going to break," he shouted and he heard the man's muddled response of "that's fine" before he headed to the back of the store pulling out his phone and dialing his father's number.