I Need a Vacation (Pt. II)

Chapter XX: I Need a Vacation (Pt. II)

When they finally arrived in France, four town cars were waiting in the hangar to take them to their destination. Ichigo was overwhelmed at the splendor that was Grimmjow's life. He wasn't sure if he'd ever get used to such excess. He was happy to be here with Grimmjow though, sharing his childhood experiences, even if they were very different from his own.

Grimmjow had spent every summer in this chateau, which was a forty bedroom castle a few miles outside of Versailles in a little town called Vélizy-Villacoublay. He'd shown Ichigo around the castle; it was splendid, but then again, Ichigo had never been inside a castle before. Everything about this experience was amazing to him.

Currently, they were walking hand-in-hand through the gilded halls of the palace of Versailles. Ichigo had read about this place in history class, but seeing it in person was a whole other thing entirely. It was like something out of a fantasy book; like the treasure trove of a dragon. He couldn't believe people lived in such an opulent place.

"Hey, Grimm?" Ichigo asked as he looked at a painting of Marie Antoinette. He'd learned about her in history class; he felt sorry for her.

"Yeah, Ichi?"

"Do you really think she said the thing about the cake?"

"No," Grimmjow said, with a chuckle. "No one's that cruel, except maybe Donald Trump."

They continued to stroll through the decadent corridors, occasionally stopping to view art or listen to a guide give an explanation of some history. Ichigo was having a nice time, but needless to say there were other things on his mind.

After what happened on the jet, Grimmjow hadn't tried to initiate anything else. They'd spent a few hours alone together in their suite in the chateau before they left to see Versailles. He supposed it'd be rude of them to just stay cooped up in their room having sex the whole trip, but he was also anxious. He was a hot blooded male after all, and the thought of having sex with Grimmjow was tantalizing to say the very least. Ichigo could hardly contain himself much longer.

He looked at his surroundings after coming out of his thoughts. He was standing in the main hall of the entrance, but he didn't see Grimmjow anywhere.

Shit, I'm lost, he thought to himself. He tried to keep up with the tour group, to see if it would lead him to Grimmjow. When he had no such luck, he settle for just staying with the group; eventually he and Grimmjow would find each other.

He was walking with the group through one of the main ballrooms, when one of the employees pulled him to the side. He was confused before the taller male spoke,

"Are you Ichigo Kurosaki?" Ichigo nodded in the affirmative. The employee smiled brightly. "Follow me, please."

He turned on his heel and began to walk while Ichigo followed hesitantly. He wasn't sure if it was okay to just be following some strange French guy, just because he knew his name. He'd always been taught that when you're lost it's better to stay put so you'd make yourself easier to find. Maybe Grimmjow had sent the employee to find him though? That was a possibility. He shrugged and caught up with the man, following him through the halls and out of the back exit.

They made their way through the expansive gardens of the estate until they reached one that was closed off for some reason. Ichigo was confused until he saw Grimmjow come out of the entrance, a smug grin on his face.

"Merci, Jean," he said, and the employee bowed slightly before he left. Ichigo glared at Grimmjow who just laughed. "Oh, c'mon, Ichi. Don't be mad."