06

The walk to the Jungs' is a short one–it really is just on the other side of the street–but you're clutching the oven dish tightly in your hands the whole time. You begrudgingly realize that Jeongguk is an even better actor than you thought. 

As soon as you arrive at the Jungs' backyard, all attention is on the two of you. The new couple. All in all, there are maybe ten to twelve people gathered, most watching curiously. Jeongguk is quick to hand the beer away and then take the oven dish from you to put it down on a table filled with food and ingredients.

After that, he doesn't leave your side for the ten minutes it takes for everyone to greet you, his arm resting comfortably around your waist. You try your best to ignore the nerves as you're basically held against Jeongguk's firm body, but you're almost sure he can feel your heartbeat through your clothes.

Remembering what he said before, you throw caution to the wind and place your hand on his abdomen. Jeongguk doesn't react and only continues to speak with your new "friends," and you try to act as if having your hand on his firm stomach–moving slightly under your touch with his every movement and breath–is a common occurrence.

"Awh, that's so romantic," Wheein exclaims when you once again tell the story of how you and Jeongguk 'met.' She and her two friends watch you with heart eyes, but it's definitely mostly because of your fake husband. If only they knew the evil that resides behind that ridiculous beauty.

"Yeah, and we just knew, right, honey? Right away?"

"Yeah," you smile up at him, and you're almost floored by his warm smile.

If you've learned anything so far, it's that you've never seen him really smile before coming here, and it's so convincing. You take notice of how dimples appear on his cheeks and how the corners of his eyes crinkle when he looks the very happiest. It's almost jarring.

Fortunately, you can't stay together the whole time, and Jeongguk decides to help out with the meat, seeing it as a chance to get closer to the guys. You, on the other hand, talk with some of the wives. And unsurprisingly, they just really wanna gush about your hunk of a husband.

You nod along to their fawning over Jeongguk until Hyeji calls for them from inside the house. She needs help with the food, and Wheein, cradling her practically newborn baby, holds him out for you.

"You wanna hold him a little bit for me? I'll be right inside if you need anything, but he'll most likely just sleep."

It's been a while since you held a baby, the latest being your cousin's daughter, and she's almost seven now, but you nod. It'll be nice to not have to listen to Jeongguk's new admirers for a while. Even nicer not to have to agree with them.

"Uh, sure."

Gratefully, she hands him over and disappears into the house.

Turns out that Wheein wasn't lying, and although Doyun isn't asleep, he's very calm. You spend another ten minutes easily watching the little baby in your arms, mesmerized by how incredibly adorable he is. He's got a lot of hair for such a young baby, his entire head covered in black tresses.

"New here?"

When you look up, you're met with an unfamiliar face. It's a man, tall and with black hair. He must've just arrived.

"Uh, yeah," you answer, "moved in just a few days ago."

The man smiles, and you're hit with how pretty he is, but there's a... feeling in your stomach.

"I'm Haneul"

"Nice to meet you," you greet, thankful for the little human occupying your arms and rendering you unavailable for a handshake.