Band-aid

Falling down hurts really bad. Especially when try to get up and they push you down again! standing up for one's self without harming others is a tough task to ask of a child who hasn't even had the courage to do it at home. Where Their mother won't believe that her man could do such a thing, falling down grants you bloody knees and scraped palms. 

     "Sticks and Stones"  ring in the air. Whilst trying to stand you can pretend you are in on the joke. Maybe if it's funny it won't hurt inside.  Wrap your knees in padding and, put on gloves so you can perform the role better. Keep the jokes on demand, cause if you are funny you don't fall down. This smile made it easy. The busted lips showed me the way. It helped me avoid metal tastes in my breakfast cereal, "Just smile and nod when speaking to me".  I could learn this with my eyes close. Few black eyes suffered couldn't shake a boy's foundation. Right?

      Keep moving and don't sit on your butt! I won't be able to be in someone's way if I'm outside. the braided switch reminded me that sitting isn't that fun anyway. my arms are so flexible now. I can reach the top of the fridge. when they pulled me by my arms across the room it really limbers me up. who could deny this? it's a good childhood. I grew up well-mannered at the table but couldnt stay awake in school. I was busy at home studying. every face in the room at all times. react before they do. keep your reflexes. up guard on never knowing when the next word you say could leave your tongue tasting like iron. 

But hey. it's just discipline. it wasn't that bad right?