five

Now, I know I planned the next update for June 12th, but I decided to update early, with a bit of a surprise. First, I would like to say thank you to those of you who commented your opinion on the last chapter, it actually makes me extremely happy when people comment on my story. You made my day, so thank you. For those of you who did not comment and are perhaps feeling a little crappy about that, do not fret, you will have your chance to comment at the end of this chapter.

Also, I am going to be toying around with the idea of eventually having a required amount of votes and comments for each chapter, but it's not set in stone yet. I do know that when my favourite book did this I would get fed up because she would not keep her updating promises, so as of right now I'm simply toying with the notion. And it wouldn't start out with something ridiculous like 500 comments, I would probably just start out with 5 and add 5 each chapter. Please, comment what you think!

Now, onward with the story!

songs -

Come With Me Now - KONGOS

Hell Above - Pierce the Veil

five -

The tires spun viciously on the pavement, the speed on the dash reading far over what the law required as a maximum speed. Her eyes watched the road with quick precision, as she had done this many a times. To her, this was natural, as natural as Zayn leaving One Direction was, but that's not her business. [1] The way the tires barely skimmed the ground as she zipped through the city, the way her heart raced as she dodged cars and trucks, the way her hair flew behind her. Completely natural.

She slowed to a stop as she felt the phone vibrate, her partner, Q, telling her that her Target had changed locations. She rolled her eyes as he told her where the Target was residing at for the night: a strip club. Super, now I have to find something to wear. With a heavy sigh, she drove back home, going up to her room quietly, not wanting to wake Lex. Her hands were silent as she went to her closet, searching through all the lingerie for a specific outfit. The police officer. Her eyes spotted the navy blue lace bra, the badge sewn into one of the cups. Soon, her hands found the black boy-short panties that complete the set.

Quickly, she pulled them on, grabbing her belt and sliding the knives in their sheaths, chewing on her lip as she puts her guns in the secret compartment, knowing she won't be using them tonight. She sighed slightly as she slid on the knee-high heels, pulling her hair back and grabbing her coat. She made a vow to herself that Lex was not to know about this, walking out the door and down to her bike. She knew Lex would freak out if Lynn told her she was a stripper for the night to get a kill in. She also knew her boss wouldn't be too happy about her kill tactic either. So only she and Q would know about this.

Q was a new agent, so he was stuck in HQ for a while. Not that he minded, he liked watching Lyndsey in the field, because she was the best there was, but he had no desire to be in the field. He liked it where he was safe, behind his desk and in her ear. And she liked him there too, she had already lost her baby sister to the wretched creatures, she wasn't going to lose her partner, too. It was an unspoken bond between the pair, they would take a bullet for each other, she was like his older sister. She was protective of him, and that's exactly why they worked so well.

She parked the bike and walked in the back, pulling out her wallet and flashing her agent ID. The Company was a branch of the CIA, so they were technically government agents, which came in handy quite often. The bouncer nodded and let her in, the women smiling as she walked into the dressing room. She knew many of them, she had saved many of them before. Quietly, she took the coat off and smiled as they all complimented her.