Emma Watson

My idol

It makes me sad to hear girls constantly putting themselves down. We have these unbelievably high expectations of ourselves. When actually we're human beings and our bodies have a function.
~ Emma Watson

"Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong... It is time that we all perceive gender on a spectrum not as two opposing sets of ideals."
~ Emma Watson 2014 UN Women Speech

All I can do is follow my instincts because I will never please everyone.
~ Emma Watson

I feel like young girls are told they have to be a princess and fragile.
It's bullshit.
I identify much more with being a warrior - a fighter.
If I was going to be a princess, I'd be a warrior princess.
Defiantly.
~ Emma Watson

"Young women are bombarded by images of perfection which no human being can really achieve."
~ Emma Watson

I keep telling myself I'm a human being, an imperfect human being who's not made to look like a doll.
~ Emma Watson

There is nothing interesting scoot looking perfect- you lose the point. You want what you're wearing to say something about you. About who you are.
~ Emma Watson

Don't feel stupid when you don't like why everyone else is pretending to love.
~ Emma Watson

I find the whole concept of being "sexy" embarrassing and confusing. If I do an interview with photographs people desperately want to change me -- dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there's the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that's not me. I feel uncomfortable. I'd never go out in a mini-skirt. It's nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn't do that. Personally, I don't actually think it's even that sexy. What's sexy about saying, "I'm here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I've got?" My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.
~ Emma Watson

I get sent Bibles. I have a collection of about 20 in my room. People think I need to be guided.
~ Emma Watson

I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is
~ Emma Watson