8. Epilogue: Forever and a Day

Sebastian was finishing up gathering some fresh vegetables from their garden, the sun was beginning to get to him though so he proceeded to grab the herbs he was missing quickly and wipe the sweat now forming across his brow.

He'd promised Ominis he would make his favorite tomato soup for dinner, but then he had been distracted with trying out a new bread recipe he had come up with. So he ended up leaving it to the last minute to gather everything up, leaving him at the mercy of the unforgiving afternoon sun. Ominis would soon return home from his job, so he really needed to get going on it.

He began to walk back to their house but just as he was about to enter he paused at the threshold and gazed at the ocean that could be seen from the top of the hill. He inhaled deeply, feeling the cool breeze envelop his senses and he couldn't help but reminisce.

He thought back to the moment after they had just graduated... They were sitting together on a ledge overlooking the black lake at sunset. Ominis holding the letter he'd received from his family the day before, now crumpled in his hand. He simply sat there with a deep and solemn expression plaguing his features, definitely lost within his thoughts. Sebastian had then softly caressed his cheek, and Ominis had instantly leaned into the touch. He knew well what was on his mind and it made his heart ache. But he would never let anything hurt him... ever again.

He had made arrangements. They were to stay in a little one room cottage in Upper Hogsmeade, where he had secured himself a job as an apprentice baker. He knew Ominis had his heart set on becoming a charms professor someday, so he wanted to make sure to provide for him until he would be able to get his license and secure the job. He knew he would have no trouble though, as he had graduated top of the class and was even able to cast silent spells wandless.

He couldn't help smiling with pride thinking of how amazing Ominis was. He always surprised him with new skills, he'd recently even taken to creating and modifying spells. He gave a soft snort at the thought of his last creation.

Of course it hadn't taken him long to get the job. Professor Ronan had been thinking about retiring soon, so he agreed to tutor Ominis two years after they had graduated. So from then on, he would spend his days at Hogwarts learning the trade, which had allowed Sebastian the time to make true his promise.

Of course he had meant it. From the moment he'd seen that hill overlooking the ocean during one of his exploration adventures. He had seen it then, their future. He never before believed much in divination and always kind of gave Seers the side eye... but never after that day.

He wasn't sure if it had actually been some kind of vision, but it had been clear enough that it engraved itself deep within his heart, and so he had bided his time until he could make that dream their reality. He'd been so eager to share it with Ominis that he had given him a small description of it during their Yule Ball moment, just enough so they could dream together.

They had never dared talk about it again though, just trying to move forward in whichever way they could at the present time, but he knew they both held on to that image with all their hearts.

He had wanted it to be a surprise too, so once Ominis was preoccupied with his new apprenticeship, he got to work on the house and everything else he had promised.

Since he had to keep working his own job too and keep the whole thing a secret, it had taken him almost a year to finish everything, but once he was done and looked back at it, he knew it had truly been a vision of their future, as it was exactly what he had seen all those years ago. He felt proud of his achievement and tears came flowing down his face. He couldn't wait to bring Ominis and show him their dream.

He had realized with the years that he was a hopeless romantic. Thankfully it was springtime so that very next day he had prepared an assortment of their prefered finger foods and paired it with their absolute favorite wine, and with a huge cozy blanket he had taken Ominis on a picnic.