Chapter 1: The offer

(In this AU there are no curses and no sorcerers just plain old mafia's and people. Itadori Yuji is 22 in this, Sukuna is 28, Megumi and Nabara are also 22, and Gojo Satoru is 30. Those are gonna be some of the reoccurring characters. There will be some smut later on not a whole lot though... also there will be scenes of sexual assault and other stuff in the book so if that makes you uncomfortable you can skip past those chapters. Drugs and alcohol are also apparent. Other than that, ENJOY!)

Yuji's POV:

I sighed out as I hugged my worn down coat tighter against my body. I heard a slight rip and cursed under my breath, my breath coming out in short puffs of fog from the cold. I really hoped I had some more thread at home. Or else I'd just have to deal with the rip in my coat until I could get some more. I had just finished my 12 hour shift at the ramen restaurant I worked at. Cleaning tables running orders and even making them if we were short staffed. But because the shop wasn't all that popular I wasn't paid nearly enough for my work. My boss wasn't exactly sympathetic either, only paying me the bare minimum of what we earned and tipping was looked down upon in Japan so not like I was earning extra wares either. I shuffled my feet through the snow my feet aching horribly from the boots I wore, they were getting too small but I couldn't afford another pair. My cheeks grew pinker from the cold, snow gathering on my hat and scarf as it fell, I entered my pharmacy just a few blocks down from our apartment and sighed relieved from the warmth of the shop before moving my way up to the counter.
"prescription under Itadori Wasuke please." I grumbled out as I reached into my pocket for my wallet. The pharmacist nodded and went back coming back up with a brown bag with my grandfathers medicine inside.
"28,365.91 yen please." He said and I looked up my eyes wide.
"you can't be serious! Last time it was only 24,770.95!" I told him and he sighed shaking his head.
"they are on a shortage for this medication, prices go up, it's only natural, now you paying or not?" He glared at me and I sighed shakily trying to keep myself together as I nodded mentally cursing the guy out. There goes my money for groceries the next few weeks. I gave him the money and took the bag walking back out into the cold and cursed under my breath as I continued my walk home. When I entered the complex I went for the mail opening it up and seeing another white envelope that I dreaded seeing. Today was going wonderfully. I picked up the envelope containing another bill notice and walked up to my apartment as I reached my door I went to grab my keys but gasped at seeing the door slightly ajar. My heart dropped as I ran in grabbing a bat and going to my grandpa's bedroom and yelped slightly at seeing one man and another woman both in suits sitting by his side, he was sitting up and drinking a cup of tea I could see from the steam leaving it and the aroma of it that filled the room. Grandpa looked up at me and smiled brightly.
"Yuji! You're home. This nice gentleman and woman said they were friends of yours." I sighed out relieved before stiffening at seeing the girl turn her head looking me up and down with a grin. I didn't want to alarm my grandpa so I lowered the bat my hands shaking and smiled nodding slowly.
"y-yeah! These are some old friends of mine... yeah, old friends... I forgot they were coming over so early..." I lied before gasping and moved over to him quickly as he erupted into one of his coughing fits and handed him a handkerchief specks of blood staining it as he hacked up onto it and I lowered my head. "I'll... meet you guys outside ok?" I told them still putting on the act for my grandpa and they nodded leaving to go to the living room. "Hey I got some more of your meds grandpa, they'll help with the cough." I told him holding up the bag and he nodded sighing as he frowned lying back down weakly. I gave him the pill capsule and he swallowed it down grunting in discomfort as he reached his hand for the tea it shaking uncontrollably. I grabbed the cup for him moving it to his lips and tilted his head up slightly for him to drink it. When he was done I put the cup to the side and sighed relieved when he drifted off to sleep. I then cursed again as I stood up to face the intruders. When I left the room I closed the door behind me quietly and glared at the two strangers. "What the hell are you two doing breaking and entering into my home" I hissed at them keeping my voice low as my grandpa was sleeping.
"we come to you with an offer Yuji... we know you've been struggling as of late to keep things running." The guy said and held up a stack of envelopes of my unpaid bills and I laughed out.
"so that's what this is, kick me when I'm at my lowest right? You fuckers have no business coming here and doing that to my grandfather." I cursed them out  and the girl sighed seemingly whining and put a hand on the man's shoulder.
"no intention of doing that sweetheart your grandpa is such a sweet man! Offered me some candy too, seriously chivalry is kept alive because of people like him. We come to you because we have a job offer for you, been scouting you for some time now and you're perfect for the job!" She exclaimed and walked up offering her hand out to me. "Nobara Kugisaki! And this here is Megumi Fushiguro." I hesitantly took her hand and she shook it excitedly.
"so why break into my home? What kind of job offer is this?" I asked and she grinned darkly.
"made it easier to talk to you in person without hunting you down and such. And the job offer is simple, be a delivery boy. Don't ask what you're delivering or why you're delivering it and you'll get paid in full." She motioned her hand and Megumi put a briefcase on my table opening it up and I inhaled sharply my jaw dropping at the money held inside. "So you in or not cutie?" She asked as I kept my gaze on the money I shook my head to snap myself out of it and glared down at her.
"who are you guys, who the hell do you work for?" I hissed and she grinned more deeply she rolled back the cuff on her suit sleeve and my eyes widened as a chill ran down my back at seeing a tattoo of an eye on her wrist. The man rolling down his sleeve to reveal one too. "Y-you guys... are apart of... the family."
"well not apart of necessarily... we work under the family of satoru" she corrected like that made it any better.
"No! Get the hell out of my home!" I snapped pointing at the door and she sighed.
" Oh come on Yuji! Without our help you won't last much longer like this... and I really wouldn't like to do this but if you refuse... well it won't exactly end well for you... and by end I think you get what I mean." She explained darkly her gaze changing as she glared into me.
"are you threatening me?" I growled out and she nodded seemingly happy, how fucked up was this chick?
"all it takes is one word from one of us and you and your grandpa face the end of the line. So you in? Or not..." she asked again and snapped my head around hearing more faint coughing coming from my grandpa's room and we waited in silence before he grunted and I heard him shifting and the slight faint sound of him snoring put me at ease. I turned to face her and lowered my head and pinched the bridge of my nose. Fuck how did it come to this...
"I don't really have a choice... fine you win..." she nodded clapping her hands excited, she handed me a phone and I looked at it confused.
"you'll get a call when we need you, go to the location we tell you to and don't ask questions." She explained and I nodded. They left closing the door behind them and I sighed sitting down at the table and looking at the briefcase of money in front of me.

How... how did it come to this?