22. "Lover Boy"

Sumire could see Kawaki but didn't show it. Same goes to Kawaki. Sumire stood in front of a flower shop while Kawaki stood in front of a kunai shop.

"Chocho... I'm nervous." Chocho heard Sumire speak from the airpod and smacked her own forehead.

"No need to be nervous, Sumire!" She scolded. "I know it's your first time but just act like you usually do." What did Chocho mean by that?

Because whenever Sumire is around Kawaki, she always goes "Blabblelebla" and that made Sumire even more nervous.

Sumire clutched her heart and made her mind to bump into Kawaki "accidentally" so she moved forward.

While Kawaki looked even more nervous than Sumire. He continuously rubbed the back of his neck, looking here and there and cursing Boruto on the airpod.

"You dipshit, how am I going to do that?", "You jerk, what if she sees me and run away?", "You're a moron.", "Oh, I can't do this. Take me outta here, shithead."

Boruto was clearly getting super annoyed but he had no choice other than to help him because Sarada was right beside him, telling him to calm down and help them. Boruto can't resist Sarada. Not ever.

"Shut up, airhead! Be a man and move forward!" Boruto yelled. Kawaki gritted his teeth at the word "airhead" and nearly burst on him but got bumped into someone.

He looked up to find a girl around his age staring up at him. "Oh- I'm sorry... I'm terribly sorry." She said as she picked up the kunai that fell from Kawaki's hand but their heads bumped as Kawaki bent at the same time. "Sorry." The girl apologized again and rubbed her head. She pucked up the kunai and gave it to him.

Kawaki sighed heavily getting annoyed and looked up at the girl. Behind the girl, who was still bending again and again, he saw Sumire looking at him. He noticed her eyes were wide and and turned around and ran. Oh no... that isn't good.

"Oh shit, I messed up pretty bad." He spoke into the airpod.

"What?" The girl asked. "I was the one to bump into you." She added being confused.

"What happened?" Kawaki heard Boruto from the other side. "Oi, who's that girl? Why are wasting your time talking to him? Go to Sumire!"

"I'm sorry. It was my fault not yours."

"Kawaki! Hurry up!"

"Shut up! Will you?!" Though, Kawaki said it to Boruto, the girl thought he said it to her. Tears formed in her eyes and she bent again before running off making Kawaki smack his own forehead.

***

"Sumire! Why did you run away?" Chocho asked through the airpod. "And where are you?" She added looking around to find Sumire.

"I'm sorry, Chocho. I heard someone's scream." Chocho heard Sumire answer. "I think they're in danger. I'll go look for them." She heard Sumire disconnecting the airpods.

"What happened?" Himawari asked.

"Looks like a disaster." Shikadai spoke as he looked at annoyed Kawaki from the roof.

"They both really are airheads." Inojin sighed.

"Everyone! Gather at the park." Sarada ordered. "Boruto, you go to Kawaki." She added and jumped away from there.

"What was that, Kawaki?" Boruto asked as he approached him.

"You and that girl were annoying! And Sumire got the wrong idea because of you both!" Kawaki yelled making everyone in the market stare at them. Boruto hit his own head repeatedly and took Kawaki to a side.