34. Married Life

To everyone who's reading this story and still not voting. I don't know what I've done wrong to earn this treatment. It genuine hurts when you give your best and still don't get what you deserve.

Your votes and comments are my biggest motivation. So, a really big thanks to the readers who are constantly motivating me. I love you all.

"My turn!" The kids started shouting the moment Khushi got out of my lap after I was done with pleating her hair

My eyes rounded on the little figure shouting the same beside me. I pinched his cheek gently and pointed at his hair. "Bunty, your hair is short, I can't braid them. "

He pouted but continued to play with his toy in silence. The next girl sat on my lap and taking the comb I started making two pleats in those long dark locks.

"Where is Janam?" She asked.

I placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her from moving. "She's a little busy, Bache, but she'll come to meet you soon."

She hummed in reply. "Janam is always busy and forgets to take care of herself. Please take care of her otherwise she'll get sick again."

"Again?" I frowned.

She bobbed her head up and down. "She went really sick when she was little and wasn't able to get out of bed for weeks. Manisha Ma told me about it."

I wasn't aware of this incident, she never mentioned it. Maybe it wasn't as serious as this little girl was portraying it. Kids like to exaggerate things. Right?

"Who's next?" I asked while tying the final knot of white ribbon on her lovely braid.

" Me," a voice made me freeze. My head moved towards the north and I found my princess standing there. "Ab Mera number."

[Now, it's my turn.]

I smiled as she excitedly jumped on her toes.

"No, it's my turn now," a girl stood before Jaanki trying to block her. "Janam, go back in line."

A chuckle escaped my lips seeing the imaginary steam coming out of Jaanki's ear. She glared at the girl and then back at me. "He's my husband. I don't need to be in line to meet my husband."

I couldn't help but smile at how she was fighting for my attention, this is a sight I want to record if only I had a smartphone. My husband. That sounds like heaven to my ear.

"He's my boyfriend, My Raghu!"

And just like that a murderous look came on her face. She gave a dangerous smirk to me before kneeling on the ground in front of the little chatterbox.

"How many girlfriends does he have?" She asked extra sweetly.

I placed a finger on my lip to keep her quiet but obviously she wouldn't see that but my wife did, I instantly kept my hand down and gave an apologetic smile.