39. In Bodyguard mode

A chapter to celebrate the special day of my Bhatura Atelophobicwrites❤️

The vote target for this chapter is 800. Vote fast!!!!

Disclaimer: This chapter contains topic like violence, child abuse and child neglecting.

A smile graced my lips as I watched Jaanki enjoy her peaceful time with the kids

A smile graced my lips as I watched Jaanki enjoy her peaceful time with the kids. They seemed happy as they had a new friend in their group. The little boy is finally getting the smiles that he deserves.

My phone rang and I had to move aside from the kids to answer it. All of them were too busy with their work to notice me except for one. Laddu.

I've been observing him for a week now and I've realised that he might be mute and uneducated but he's still way too smart for kids his age. His presence of mind is sharp and his grasp of learning new things is also commendable. It almost feels like he has some kind of special powers.

The only thing bothering me is that the people who did all that to him are still roaming free. They dared to abuse a five-year-old. All the marks on his body are still freshly painted in my mind and I won't get rest until I punish those people. Too bad for them; my team is already hunting them down.

"Yes, Robin," I replied after answering the call.

"Robin nahi Robin ka hone wala pati bol Raha hai," the annoying voice replied from the other side.

[Robin's future husband is speaking. Not Robin.]

This guy is not going to give up on Robin that easily. It's been a week since they got back together. Not together exactly but. . . It's just complicated but for now, Robin is helping us search for those people who abused Laddu.

Another voice came from behind. "I already told you I want a better proposal otherwise I'll leave you at the altar. Give me the phone, you idiot. Raghav, are you there?"

"Unfortunately yes," I sighed.

"Good news for you. The boy whose information you sent me last week," he paused and so did my heartbeat at that point. "I found a few things about him."

"Like what?"

"His birthdate, information about his mother and most importantly," he took a long break before answering. "I think I found the people who did that to him."

"Give me their address right now," I demanded.

"Wait, I'll also come," Laksh interjected.

"No, your leg is still not healed completely," Robin immediately said. "I won't allow you to go."

Laksh's loud groan was clear through the phone and I couldn't help but chuckle at his situation. The 24-year-old man-child is being controlled by an 18-year-old mature boy.