Chapter Fourteen

It's the last work week for this year, it's also the week of Christmas and there has been a lot of work going on in the office

It's the last work week for this year, it's also the week of Christmas and there has been a lot of work going on in the office. We've been closing deals, shipping off devices as well as preparing for the charity event that we always have around this time of the year.

The event is scheduled for this Saturday, it's an event that we have every year around this time to raise money for orphans not only in Australia but all over the world.

Ironically I chose Jordan's name in the gift exchange and I didn't really know what to get her but then I remembered on a Friday a couple of months ago I overheard her refusing to go for drinks with her coworkers by giving the excuse that she had a book that she has to finish reading.

So I thought that anyone who turns down a night out for reading has got to love books and that's why I got her a book bouquet of some of the books from her Amazon's wishlist which I got from the link in her IG bio.

I really hope that she likes it.

Throughout the day my employees have been giving their gifts to whoever they chose, the head of HR pulled my name and he got me a Newton's Cradle Pendulum for my desk.

Every now and again I'll fidget with it.

Packing my bag to leave for the day, I spot Mr Park making his way into my office with something in his hand

When he is fully standing in my office I can see he is holding a bouquet.

"I pulled your name and I didn't really know what to get you then I realised that whenever you don't have anything to do you're deep in your Kindle which I assume you use for reading..." he rambles on.

I laughed " I don't think I've ever seen you nervous before"

"Well I'm giving you a gift that I'm not sure how you're gonna receive it urmm, so yeah I'm a bit nervous" he chuckles rubbing the back of his neck.

I smile at him and he smiles back giving me a warm fluttery feeling inside.

"Here" he placed the bouquet into my hands.

Turning it around it was a book bouquet with books that I had on my Amazon wishlist books that I've been wanting for a long while especially The Brown Sisters series by Talia Hibbert. The books were wrapped in blue and white wrapping paper with a big red ribbon made into a bow.

"Om my God, this is so sweet" I look up at him with a big smile on my face "I love it, thank you" I exclaim. This has got to be the most thoughtful thing he could have ever done and I genuinely appreciate it.

"I'm happy you do and you're welcome" he smiles back.

As I hold the book bouquet close to my chest, I catch his gaze and see something in his eyes that I haven't seen before. The way he's looking at me makes my heart skip a beat.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, feeling a little nervous.

He takes a deep breath and steps closer to me, his hand reaching for mine. "Yes"

His eyes move along my face and I feel myself leaning towards him, drawn by an inexplicable force. I can feel his breath on my cheek and my heart is pounding in my chest

Without any hesitation, he leans in and kisses me softly on the lips. It's a gentle, yet passionate kiss that sends shivers down my spine. I kiss him back, my lips moving in sync with his. For a moment, the world around us fades away and all I can think about is the way his lips feel against mine.

A door slamming close brings me back to the present, I pull away from him and take deep shallow breaths to get some oxygen in.

"We shouldn't be doing this" I take a step back from him looking at anywhere but at him before ultimately focusing on his eyes.

He looks at me with a mix of confusion and disappointment in his eyes. "Why not?" he asks, his voice low and husky.

I shake my head, still not able to meet his gaze. "I just don't want to complicate things," I say quietly.

He takes another step closer to me, his hand reaching out to touch my cheek. "We don't have to complicate anything," he says.

I close my eyes, savouring the feeling of his hand on my skin. "I don't know," I whisper.

He sighs, taking his hand away from my face and stepping back from me. "I'm sorry, you're right it will complicate things here at the office"

"Okay," I agree even though deep down inside I know that I'm gonna regret it.

"Have a good night" He turns to walk back into his office.

"I'm sorry" No I'm not.

"It's okay," I think he also knows that I am not sorry as well.

Sitting on the edge of my desk I took a deep sigh. What just happened? I just kissed my boss, Oh my God!!!.

I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help the way the kiss made me feel.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thank you for reading!

COMMENT|VOTE|SHARE

A/N: I have noticed that I've been posting new chapters every Thursday so look out for new chapters on Thursdays from now on.

If no chapters for that day I will let you guys know.