30

A massive gate came into view.

The anxious nerves wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't noticed the multiple armed men by the opened piece of connected metal.

After Lorenzo rolled up the window from giving the men a brief nod, he drove his woman up the long smooth cemented hill. In the close distance, a castle. It looked like a castle. An old structured, generation through generation, passed castle.

"That's the compound." He answered her thoughts. With his hand back to being embraced by her nervous palms. "I thought-"

"We're just passing through, baby. It's the only way to the house."

More men patrolled the area. All wearing long black cargos with strapped guns in their hands. Wearing either black or dark grey v necks. They each spoke softly, clear earpieces in their ears.

The suvs came to Adelines attention as they passed by them near the compound. "They're checking the suvs and your stuff. It's just a precaution, Adeline."

She nodded as a metal detector and was scanned under one of the suvs. The compound looked so beautiful. A marble water fountain in the center of it all, trimmed green grass that had not a single weed or flower in sight.

A grand staircase that went to different sections of the front of the large mansion.

"The first door leads to the kitchen wing. A lot of the men and women of Russi live here including the chefs that are provided. The second door leads to the main entrance of the compound. You'll see another staircase that leads to different floor levels." He slowed his drive, letting her observe every beautiful detail that her eyes let her see.

"What about the third door?" She saw how it wrapped to the corner of the house. Her vision blocked as he kept driving away from it.

"The gym, training centers, entertainment areas and the garage."

"Training centers?"

"My men need to know how to fight. There may be a day where those guns can't help them."

Adeline gave a sigh, feeling the looks on her as his men simply gave a curt nod to the car. "Second guessing me, Adeline Russi?"

That last name sent tingles inside of her.

His voice was sultry, husky as he rubbed her skin with his thumb. "No, sir.. just nervous is all I'm feeling."

"That's good, baby. I want you to be nervous around me." His chuckle tickled her body as she moved her feet from his lap with a frustrated sigh. "That's not what I meant. I just..I don't even know. It's so fast. All of this, Lorenzo." She admitted her confused confession to the man. His hum soft as the view of their home came into his view.

He smirked at her gasp. The corner view had her covering her mouth. "Lorenzo!" She sat up more, looking at the home they will share.

"I had hundreds of workers building the moment we left for Paris. They finished building it yesterday."

This was it.

This is where she will raise their children. Where he will come home to. Where their future joys and hurts will be witnessed by the very walls.

From a glance it looked close to five stories. The white painted mansion had a front shallow pool. There are stoned water fountains of angles in the space centers of the pool. Surrounded by green trimmed grass, one of the driveways Lorenzo drove up.

He parked in the center, a woman and man stepping out with untold looks to their faces. "Of all days, stay in the car." Lorenzo turned it off, getting out rather angrily before closing the door.

Some of the armed men were behind the elder people. Most patrolling and the others calmly observing. "No right to fucking be here." His voice was muffled, body composed but even Adeline could tell he was one raised vocal octave from hitting someone.

Adeline sighed, fixing her hair and adding a bit more lipgloss. Satisfied with her face she fixed her dress, hoping that his arousal won't drop down her thighs. Opening the door, her flats touched the concrete first.

She could've ran, granted it'd take her probably a half hour to reach the gate. But the way they all looked at her had her nerves shaking her bones. None of his men took their eyes off her. She slowly took a step back, with a faltered breath as she softly closed the door.

It wasn't until the nearest man gave her a respectful nod. Her nerves slowly calm as the other men repeated the actions, eased looks on their faces as they greeted the woman. She walked to the stairs where her man stood angrily, talking to the elder couple before him that easily met his energy. The soldier that bowed his head to her gave her a smile. "Mrs. Russi." He greeted with his hand out.

He had to be about 5"10, but still towered her 5"6 frame. Tan skin with hazel eyes. His hair was black with blonde highlights. Or was it blond with black highlights?

It was evenly dyed through his layered hair that was combed back into a curtain bangs style that faded to his neck. Were they all so beautiful?

"Oh..uhm. we haven't had the wedding yet." She gave him her soft smile and accepted his hand, letting him guide her up the few steps to her husband.

He wore the same attire as the other strapped men. His short sleeve, clung to his muscles as he raised an eyebrow.

"You wear the ring of his family. Surely you must know, priest present or not. You are in fact Mrs. Russi." He commented softly.

"Oh.." she bit her tears back as she felt a calming around this man. He was so nice to her, giving her the hope that they would all be nice to her.

Isn't that what she deserves?

"My name is Hayden, that asswipe over there," he flicked his head over to the entrance of her home. A duplicate of him stood there with his eyes on her.

He held no emotion, no calm or easiness to his unmoving mannerisms as she looked back at the man who guided her up the stairs. "Is my twin brother, Jayden. He's a brick so don't take his cold stares personal."

Hayden and Jayden looked completely the same. But it was his cold front that made them visibly and emotionally different. She could easily tell them apart.

"My bestie been treating you good?" He asked as they neared the angered man. She smiled and let him go with a curt nod. Hayden was going to be her friend, maybe even her best friend.

"He's never told me about you.. I'm sorry." She admitted as he smiled at her again.

"Of course not. Why would he admit who he steals his good looks from? It's my haircut he's copying by the way, I inspire the man. Plus, he don't drink anyone else's milkshakes besides mines."

Adeline bit the bottom of her lip. She was completely astounded to hear this side of her man from someone else. How come she is just now meeting Hayden?

The two of them are going to be best friends.

"So, tell me. The bulky bean been treating you good?"

She nodded and took a couple more steps.

"He's been amazing to me."