53

"Never again."

Adeline held on to Christian's hands, squeezing them as her back made a friend to the wall. Just as she left Dr. Kols office, the underboss pushed her into an empty one.

She let him grab her face, eyes watery as she looked at him. "You understand me?" He grunted, holding her tight as if she'll slip from him again. He let go of her face, hands on her arms as he kissed her. Tongue in her mouth as she cried. His hands found her backside, going lower as he squeezed her ass.

"Never again." He grunted into her mouth.

"Let me go." She whimpered, those buried feelings slowly being tickled as that guilty pleasure surrounded her.

He kissed her.

Few years of no touching and he kissed her, tasting her tongue. He shifted, moving his lips to her neck before back to her face.

"Christian." She tried to push him, not wanting to get the man in trouble for such betrayal. "You should count your black ass lucky." He kissed her lips again, her mouth open with the small moan of his tongue, she palmed his chest.

"I'd have fucked you in front of Eliza before I killed her."

She found her strength to push the man from her.  Breathing heavily, he watched her palm his chest still.  Looking down at her pregnant stomach before looking up with a final tear falling.

Another thing Lorenzo couldn't know.

He pulled from her slowly, opening the door and holding it for her.

"Let's go."

***

The house was different.

Completely different, it looked. The structure is nothing as before. Christian Maith gave a slight flick of his palm, the suvs behind them pulling off and away as he held the door open for her.

The mansion looked familiar on the outside. The tennis court and pool were no longer there. Just long rows of flowers and vegetables decorated the grounds. She didn't question how they managed to grow vegetables within the time frame she's been gone.

Instead, she put her hands on Christian's chest, his hands on her waist as he helped her out the Lamborghini. Her husband's Aston Martin was back in the drive way.

"How did you find me?" She murmured, letting him slowly guide her up the steps.

She ignored the butterflies he still sent into her, letting his anger express with his care for her.

"Your other lover boy did." He grimaced at the thought of Jayden. Her gasp was sharp as she looked at him. His single raised eyebrow gave her the comfort of knowing that Lorenzo didn't know.

"Christian-"

"Get inside the house Adeline." He kept his hands on her sides. She assumed that he felt the sharp kicks inside her, seeing how fast he sat her down on the couch.

"So much for a safe pregnancy."

She swallowed the dryness in her throat, looking at Hayden who stood in the kitchen doorway. "I'm sorry I didn't.. I'm so sorry-" Hayden sat on the couch with his embrace giving her the needed comfort as she cried into his shoulder. "I know, you have nothing to apologize for. If I found out my man did that kind of shit to me, I'd have aimed for the head."

"What happened?" Christian was joined by Jayden as he put her tea on the coaster. Both men on one of their knees in front of her.

Jayden and Christian.