The Aftermath (RUIN AU)

"Cassie?" Gregory asked nervously. "Is that you?" He couldn't believe his friend had come back (supposedly) from the dead. But here she was, wearing the mask of the rabbit lady. She was much shorter than Vanny, and the dark brown pigtails were a dead giveaway. It was Cassie. "Hello, Gregory." She said neutrally. There was no anger. But when she took off the mask it revealed the fire in her eyes. This confirmed that she did, in fact, hate Gregory. A lot. "Cassie, where'd you get that mask?" "From a Maskbot, idiot." There was no teasing voice here, and the insult stung. "I dunno where this 'V.A.N.N.I network' came from, but its pretty cool, huh?" "But Vanny tried to kill me! And you're wearing her mask?!" Gregory accused. He was angry, but also scared. What would become of his friend? "Didn't you do the same? You dropped that elevator! You're the villain here!" "No! I didn't drop it, the Mimic did! I tried to save you, but the Mimic interrupted me!" Gregory cried. He had a panicked look on his face, eyes darting back and forth to find an exit. (There was the small vent into the room, but Cassie blocked the way.) "Don't lie, I won't be tricked again! This time, I will leave and you will be forgotten. Everyone will think I tried to find you in the pizzaplex and failed. You will be lost to history." She stepped aside, getting out of the way of the vent.

Gregory glanced at the exit. It was possible, perhaps while Cassie was caught in her monologue, he could escape. He stepped toward the exit. Cassie didn't notice. Another step. Another. Then, he broke into a run, pushing past Cassie. She called out to him, but he didn't listen, climbing into the vent. It was here, he realized, that Cassie had led the alligator to the vent as well.

Cassie slipped on the mask as she listened to Gregory's cries. She had thought it would be satisfying to lead the animatronic to her would be killer, and Roxy had happily agreed. After the go cart incident, where Roxy had tried to run her over, not knowing she wasn't Gregory, Cassie knew that the wolf was looking for her revenge to the person who caused so much damage and loss. And now he was dead. Monty crawled into the room, unaware of the kid right next to him. She always still felt afraid that one day, they would find her through the mask, but they hadn't yet. Cassie crawled into the atrium through the vent. She knew she should probably leave, go home. But they were some loose ends to cut. She needed to fix Gregory's work, no matter how much she hated him. The M.X.E.S. security program was the only thing keeping the mimic locked away. She also had to deal with Glamrock Freddy. Rumor had it, he was helping Gregory and she didn't know what he would do now. Freddy could wait though.

"Welcome back, Cassie." Roxy exclaimed. "Hi Roxy!" Cassie looked at her new best friend. Hair missing, eyes gone, torn apart, the wolf had been the one who found her, bleeding out in the elevator. They hurried away, avoiding the Mimic who now wandered the lower levels of the pizzaplex. Thank goodness, it hadn't found its way out. "I have a surprise for you!" Cassie pulled out a pair of smallish green eyes. "I found it on one of the endos! Its for you!" Roxy opened her mouth, as if wanting to say something, but nothing came out. "I have another surprise, as well. You'll never guess." Roxy put her hands to her face in mock surprise. "Gregory is dead!" Roxy's jaw looked to drop in actual surprise. (It was hard to tell with a broken jaw.) "That is good news, Cassie. Thank you." Cassie smiled, but something nagged at her. Did Gregory really deserve it? "Do you think..." Cassie started. "No, that brat only got what he was asking for. I know you used to be friends, and its hard. I know. But he tried to kill you. You did the right thing." Roxy explained. "Yeah, you're right." "But what if Freddy comes for him? Rumor has it, they were working together." "I'll deal with Freddy." Roxy growled. "Ok. Are you going to", she motioned to her neck, making a cutting noise, "him?" "I don't know yet, but he's ignorant and naive. We could let him live... With the guilt of losing his precious child." Roxy put her hand to her chin in a thoughtful way. "I'll tell him Gregory died trying to save you from the elevator. That idiot will never guess you did anything." "Does that seem harsh?" Cassie asked. Even after negligent murder, she still had some heart left. Not a monster, a victim really. "No? He deserves it. He stole MY eyes!" Roxy said angrily.