Character Profile: Iwaizumi Hajime

Name: Iwaizumi Hajime (岩泉一)

Also Known As: Iwa-chan (By Oikawa)

Gender: Male

Voiced By: Yoshino Hiroyuki (吉野裕行)

Date of Birth: 10th of June 1994

Pre-timeskip

Age: 17 - 18 (High School 3rd Year) - 2012

Height: 179.3 cm (5' 10.6") - April 2012

Weight: 70.2 kg (154.7 lbs)

Occupation: High School Student (3rd Year, Class 5) - 2012

Teams:

Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High (Former)

Aoba Johsai High (Former)

Number:

4 (Junior High 3rd Year)

4 (High School 3rd Year)

Position:

Outside Hitter

Ace

Vice-Captain

Pre-Time Skip Concern: "Just 1 cm more...or 7 mm, at the very least...!" (In regards to his height.)

Post-timeskip

Age:

19 - 2014

24 - Nov 2018

27 - June 2021

Affiliation:

Birtwistle University (America)

Japanese National Team

Occupation:

College Student (Sophomore) - 2014

Athletic Trainer - 2021

Post-Time Skip Concern: Oikawa won't stop bugging him about his wedding and he's starting to get really pissed off. Iwaizumi knows that the day will be all sorts of wonderful and brilliant and that Misaki will be happy with whatever shit Oikawa comes up with and if Shittykawa doesn't stop bugging him on which tuxedo to wear, or how his hair will look he's going to bash the crap out of him, for God's sake!

Family: Unnamed Father

Likes:

Volleyball

Agedashi Tofu (Japanese: 揚げ出し豆腐)

Dislikes: When Oikawa blatantly flirts with girls in front of him because it annoys him to no end.

Appearance:

Iwaizumi has dark, spiked-up hair, and thin eyebrows. His eyes are dark brown in the manga, olive green in the anime adaptation, and grey in the Haikyuu!! smartphone game. His hair is black in the manga and in the Haikyuu!! smartphone game, but dark brown in the anime. More often than not, he's shown to hold a serious or irked expression.

While playing volleyball, Iwaizumi wears a standard Aoba Johsai uniform with number four on it. He is otherwise shown wearing an Aoba Johsai school uniform consisting of khakis with dark brown details, a lavender-coloured button-down shirt, a dark red tie, and a white blazer. Iwaizumi's uniform appears to be missing the cream-coloured vest that goes with the rest of the uniform and appears to be slightly dishevelled, with his tie loose around his neck and his shirt left untucked.