Chapter 2: The Challenge

"Hey Freddy, isn't Roxy Raceway still under lots of construction?" You asked. 

"As far as I know, the company rushed to finish the construction to bring in more guests, especially since the incident," Freddy replied. 

Though you were rushed into work, there still had been some time before you started working there. The plex was closed for a week or two to clean up and check for any other suspicious activity. You guessed that also meant finishing construction. While walking, you continue to think about Roxanne and the What if? Upon walking into Roxy Raceway you hear the loudspeakers in the raceway. 

"Hey, I'm Roxanne Wolf. If you're looking for high-speed motor mayhem, Roxy Raceway is the place to be. Sign up today and be a Winner! Nobody likes a loser." Roxanne's voice spoke from the speakers. Though it wasn't her, you felt as if you wanted to challenge her and prove yourself to her. 

"Are you guys ready to race?" Roxanne asked the group. 

"I'll get the lights and timer set," Sun said as he walked over to a control panel on the checkered flag stand just outside the pits. 

The rest of the crew and you followed Roxanne down to the pits. All the animatronics had their own custom karts leaving you to sit in the moon-themed one. 

"Good luck out there superstar," Freddy said as he walked over to bring his kart onto the track. 

"HEY, Nightguard!!" You turned around to see Roxanne walking straight towards you. 

"Put this on and head to the front position," She said as she tossed you a helmet. 

"Why front position, isn't that where you start?" You asked confused. 

"I am the best, even when starting in last," Roxanne said while walking away towards her kart. 

You had made it your mission in this race to beat Roxanne and prove to her that you are also the best. Everyone made their way onto the track, the lineup started with you, followed by Freddy, then Monty, Chica, Bonnie and finally starting in sixth, Roxanne. At this point you were all sorts of fired up, Ready to prove yourself and ready to be the best. 

"Hello racers one and all, you're all about to participate in a two-lap race. Are we ready, rockstar racers?" Sun asked over the speakers. 

"START THE RACE YOU JOY REJECT" Monty proceeded to shout back at sun and then burst into laughter. 

The lights then began to flash red. One red light, two red lights, three red lights, Four red lights, and finally after five red lights its lights out, and away they go. All six drivers pulled away from Sun and the start and sped down the track. Around the first corner, Monty was overtaken by both Chica and Bonnie. While Monty was getting obliterated, you and Freddy continued to keep pace with you in first and Freddy in second. Around the final straight of the first lap, you felt so confident about your chances of winning until you noticed Roxanne's kart sliding right up next to yours. 

"Roxanne?!?!" You looked back for a split second to see Monty in dead last with the other three holding third, fourth, and fifth. 

"Surprised?" She said in a confident tone. "I'll be going ahead now and winning this race," Roxanne said while she began to pull away. 

You began to speed up with her though you didn't know it yet, the next whole lap would be a crazy battle for first. Throughout the lap, you and Roxanne would trade places five or six times. Once again on the final stretch, you had the lead but somehow Roxanne pulled ahead again. You both passed under the checkered flag that was being swung by Sun and pulled into the pit lane. 

After pulling in Sun announced the placement order. "Starting with dead last, Monty, after was Bonnie, then Chica, Freddy, Y/N, and then the winner Roxanne." 

You all exited your karts and walked over to Sun on the stand. 

"Wow, that was some race, I don't think I've ever seen a more exciting race in my time here," Sun said. 

"I agree, I wasn't so surprised that me and Bonnie easily pulled away from Monty leaving him in the dirt." Chica giggled. 

"HEY, I would have won if my kart wasn't tampered with," Monty said defending himself. 

"The only tampering that occurred was when you put yourself in the kart and weighed it down by an extra one hundred pounds," Roxanne replied. 

While Monty looked as if he wanted to kill Roxanne, Bonnie, and Freddy stepped in to stop him, She walked towards you completely unfazed by what was going on behind her. 

"Hey Y/N, you put up a good fight out there. Though I am the winner and still the best, you weren't a complete loser." Roxanne said. 

You paused for a moment and questioned if the animatronic who is said to be completely selfish just complimented you. 

"Thank you, Roxanne," you replied. 

"HEY! Call me Roxy." She said while walking away from the stand and down to the paddock to talk to the staff bots about the Karts. 

While Bonnie, Freddy, and Sun tried to get a hold of Monty from tearing Roxy to shreds, Chica would approach you, "Roxanne must be fond of you." 

"Why's that?" You asked. 

"Because she never compliments anyone, and none of us have ever been asked to call her Roxy," Chica replied. 

While pondering on the new information you learned, the ground around you began to shake.