Prologue

The Blood Moon appears in the night skies only twice a year. It is caused when Earth's moon is in a total lunar eclipse.

The Super Blue Blood Moon appears only once every two to three years. The sun will turn into darkness and the moon into blood.  

The prophecy of the Blue Blood Moon is ancient and was foretold before time began.  

It is a sign of the beginning of the end of times. Worlds will be torn asunder.

Chapter  One

It was another battle between Heaven and Hell. The King of Heaven has had enough and sends his best warrior angel. The great Hanguang Jun, the Lightbearer, to teach the angels from Hell a lesson.

Hearing this, the King of Hell also sends his best warrior angel, the Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, Wei Ying. He is sure to defeat Heaven's best.

Flying high in the sky, one can see Heaven's best, his large wings so white they glisten like diamonds with tips the color of the bluest sky. His sword Bichen at his side, strong and true, waiting for the enemy.

Soon comes Hell's warrior, with long black flowing hair and wings the color of the blackest night. The tips are the color of blood. At his side is his sword Suibian, black with a trail of red running through it. It sings, asking for heaven's blood.

The two had always heard of each other but had never seen each other till now; golden eyes flash, and silver eyes respond. They fight, but they are equal; respect has replaced anger. When Wei Ying laughs, Lan Zhan hears the tinkling bells of Heaven. When Lan Zhan gave Wei Ying the barest of smiles, Wei Ying's body shivered in response. When golden eyes finally looked deep into silver eyes, the two became lost in their own world, and no longer did the battle have any meaning.

It was love at first sight, now and for all eternity.

The Kings were furious; Heaven and Hell must stay separate, worlds apart. Intermingling was never allowed. Once before time began, there was only one world, and all worshipped a Supreme Being. But then jealousy, anger, greed, and the need for power tore the world apart. Each chose sides, thereby turning the angels against each other.

The Kings did not want to return to that time and lose their power and control, so they did all they could to separate Wei Ying and Lan Zhan. Both their powers were sealed, and their wings were taken away. They thought that would keep them separated. Lan Zhan broke free from his prison; his love for Wei Ying was stronger than any prison. With the help of his brother, he fled to the mortal world, searching for a way to free his Wei Ying.

 While Wei Ying was forced to stay by the King of Hell's side, he didn't want to lose his prize prisoner as Heaven did. Plus, the threat of harm to Lan Zhan has kept him pliable. He weakens himself with his despair and tears. This pleases the King enormously. However, one from Hell's rank has pity on him and helps him to see his Lan Zhan.