Chapter 6: It's Nothing

On the park in the square of a busy city, a girl patiently waits for her friend. They agreed to meet in front of the statue in the middle of the park at ten o'clock in the morning.

It was fairly cloudy; a perfect day for her to spend with her friend. The girl's short auburn hair flowed in the wind as a gentle breeze blew. She was wearing an orange t-shirt and denim jeans, however the red sweater she was wearing hid her top.

As she silently let the pass time, she recalled the event that happened to her friend, Charles.

She remembered the day when Charles made Bell cry in the cafeteria. At first, she was happy that her friend would get that angry for her sake. But, what she painfully remembered was the face that Charles made when he chased after Bell.

The face Sarah was thinking about was a face of saying goodbye. The expression of farewell; the expression of someone you might never see again.

As she thought of that face, Sarah shivered. She had always been alone, may it be at home or at school. Her timid personality made her an introvert and caused her classmates to ignore her. Her situation at home was no different. Ever since her dad left when she was a kid, Sarah's mother would always stay late at work and was never at home.

But now, she was't alone; she had found a friend in Charles.

However, her new found friendship also led to a new found fear, the fear of being left behind. Sarah didn't want to be left alone again; she was scared of being alone again.

Being Charles friend was good enough for Sarah, until she learned that Charles had a crush on Alice. Although she might seem selfish, she knew very well that she might be alone again if Charles ever found a relationship. That was when she realized something important, she loves Charles the same way that Charles love Alice.

Encouraging herself, to take her relationship with Charles to another level, she kept on trying to improve herself to become like Alice.

And one of the products of her improving her communication skills was today. She was finally able to ask Charles to something like a date.

The girl didn't really need to buy a book but she still used it as a way to spend the day with Charles.

And then, the the alarm in Sarah's orange wristwatch went off. It was already 10:00 AM. As if by cue, her black-haired friend came running to where she stood.

"Yes... I made it in time." Charles said happily

"Good Job." Sarah said with a smile.

She looked at Charles, the black-haired boy was wearing a black t-shirt on top of a long-sleeved grey shirt. The autumn coldness was also getting to him. As Sarah looked at where Charles eye's were looking, she suddenly realized that Charles was staring at he clothes.

"Umm....." Sarah trailed of as she didn't know how to ask Charles to take his eyes off her.