ch6

"Yes, didn't you know that males can sense when their mate is pregnant with their offspring? " he asked with a smirk

"I-i do now! " I forced a laugh and rubbed my stomach. "I'm honestly just incredibly shocked that I'm pregnant with your offspring. "

"I was at first as well but quickly got really excited. Then I saw you outside with that horrible leopard! I got incredibly mad and then that leopard had the audacity to insult you! I just snapped and went to take you but remembered that I needed to protect you and our eggs from that damn leopard and then that ape decided to get involved and kept looking at you like he wanted to mate with you! " he hissed

"Zelos! Please call down, they're gone now and they're not going to do anything now! Don't worry. " I reassured even though I didn't want to.

"You're right. . . I shouldn't worry about the past when winter is coming up and I need to learn how to preserve food for you. I love you so much, you always know how to make me feel better" he sighed.

"O-okay! Anyways, you preserve food by. .. .

~~~

It has been a little while and it has become the winter season. I am supposed to give birth to the little snakes in a few weeks but I would be doing it by myself. I also have been taking frequent walks outside when Zelos is asleep and sometimes he comes with me.

I made many jackets and warm clothing out of the skins but refrained from using the skins that Zelos gained from you know who.

Today, I planned to walk a little farther than usual since it seemed warmer and Zelos was sleeping very heavily. I found another empty cave that was pretty far and I wanted to slowly move over there before going farther. All I know is that I didn't want to be near Zelos anymore.

I grabbed Bai's bag and put the two skins that I would normally refuse to touch. I then grabbed a few regular skins and put them all in the bag, along with some meat. I then proceeded to get up and walk outside and straight to the abandoned cave.

As I made it to the abandoned cave I noticed something much different. There were footprints in the snow. They were leopard footprints. I proceeded to walk past them but heard a loud growl come from the cave.

"if your growling at me then please stop. I am just passing by. I thought this cave was abandoned but just saw the footprints leading in. Do not worry. " I explained before going to leave only for the leopard to climb out in a hurry.

The leopard was beautiful. It was black and white and much bigger than other leopards that I have seen. The leopard proceeded to shift into its beast man form and let's just say he was attractive. I avoided looking down and kept eye contact but couldn't help but look at his fluffy hair.

"Ahem, where is your male, female? " he asked sternly while looking at my belly and shoulder.

"I'm kind of running from him. . . He's hibernating. " I explained.

"How far is he and why? " he asked

"He killed two beast men and a female. He then gave me the beastmens skin and the females possessions. It was a female that I worried about as well and he knew that I cared about them. " I frowned "he's on the other side of this mountain, I was trying to get as far as possible." I huffed.

"I can help if you want. I am the fastest male from my clan and I mostly blend in to our surroundings. We also specialise in hiding scents. " he smiled