bluejays & roses

'' bluejays & roses ,,

PRIYA SIGHED AS SHE WALKED OVER TO SUPERBOY, OPENING HER MOUTH TO SAY SOMETHING — ANYTHING. BUT INSTEAD OF THE APOLOGY SHE WANTED TO SAY, ALL SHE SAID WAS A VERY MONOTONE "CHOCOLATE." Superboy gave her a weird look and for a second she thought she was going to get punched into the kitchen floor, but then he let her pass and ignored her.

She let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding. Then she stopped herself. Was she really scared of some — for lack of a better term — baby? He might have been stronger than her but she was just better. Well at least she was better than him at fighting, but she'd been training for years. He'd only had a few lessons with Black Canary in the few months he'd been "alive".

Putting on an expertly crafted poker face, she grabbed for the first chocolate thing she could find (which happened to be a pint of ice cream she was sure no one was going to miss), grabbed the spoon and sat down on the counter, right next to Superboy.

"Yes?" He asked after a few moments of not looking at her, a bit of annoyance in his tone. Priya spared a glance behind her shoulder and followed his gaze. M'gann was laughing at something Wally was saying.

Of course, she thought before she could stop herself. Flirty McHotshot at it again.

Returning her eyes to her ice cream, she noticed Superboy's fist curl slightly.

Well that's... interesting.

She knew — hell everyone on the Team knew — about M'gann's little infatuation with Superboy. Obviously they didn't teach subtly on Mars. She had to admit, he was pretty good-looking, just not her type. If she even had a type anymore, that is.

"You like her, don't you?" She whispered, knowing he could hear her.

"What?" Superboy asked, confused. He had probably forgotten she was there. Not her intention at all, but it worked in her favor.

Priya smirked. "I asked if you liked her."

"Her who?" Priya almost laughed. She could tell he was lying even from a mile away with all the tells he was showing.

"M'gann. Miss M. Madame Greenbean."

"She's not a gre... why are you asking?"

"I'm curious. We never talk."

"And you decided to just launch yourself onto me?"

That was when something snapped in Priya, and she angrily jabbed a chocolatey finger into his chest. "Alright let's get one thing straight, Supes. I do not find you attractive in the slightest. Don't you dare try to assume that the only reason a girl would ever want to talk to you is because they're attracted to you. The others might tolerate your naive bullshit but I don't, okay? And don't you dare assume anything about me again, or I'll just kick your ass again."