this house (has seen everything)

01. I cannot sleep in this bed (this house is too empty) 

BRUCE WAYNE WANTED THE MEMORIES TO STOP. HE BEGGED FOR THE SOUNDS TO BE ERASED FROM HIS EARS, HE WISHED THE HORRORS WOULD BE WASHED AWAY FROM HIS MIND WITH HIS TEARS — and yet they were still there, no matter how many tears he cried nor how many times he covered his ears. 

"Master Bruce?" Alfred Pennyworth asked, opening the door to the boy's room. The boy wanted to respond, but all he managed was a strangled sob. The man walked into the room and closed the door gently, making his way to the bed with soft steps, not wanting to do anything to upset the boy any more than he already was.

It had been a few hours since he had gotten the call that Thomas and Martha Wayne had died. He had driven there as fast as he could with only one goal in mind: to make sure the boy they had left behind was safe. The detective on the scene had let him take the boy home, realizing that a crime scene was no place for a orphan.

Orphan. The word still rang in Alfred's ears. A few hours ago, the Manor had been full of love and noise, with Bruce's parents being the main cause of all the ruckus. A few hours ago, the now parentless boy in front of him had been happy. Now he had seen far too much for a child his age.

"Alfred?" Bruce whispered, looking up at him with eyes that seemed decades older than the rest of his body.

"Yes, Master Bruce?" 

"Don't leave me." Bruce whispered, his voice breaking slightly. Alfred's heart broke at that moment. The boy wrapped his arms around the man, his grip tight and desperate — as if he was afraid that he would be gone just like his parents.

Alfred didn't hesitate to hug him back.

"Never." He promised. 

02.  please do not die in the living room (this house has enough ghosts)  

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO OUT THERE ALONE." ALFRED SCOLDED AS HE APPLIED BANDAGES TO THE WOUNDS ON THE YOUNG MAN'S BACK. THE VIGILANTE LET OUT A HISS OF PAIN AS THE OLDER MAN APPLIED A LITTLE TOO MUCH PRESSURE TO ONE OF HIS WOUNDS. "I WARNED YOU ABOUT GETTING HURT."