Ch 9 - Eavesdropping

It had been well over 14 days and Yeonjun was left lonely everyday. He hadn't heard from Heeseung in that period of time, and surprisingly, Beomgyu and Soobin hadn't attended school for that long too, which Yeonjun found concerning. Taehyun and Hueningkai did attend school, however they sat with Kai's sister, Huening Bahiyyih, and her friends, and Yeonjun felt embarrassed to ask them if he could join. He sat in the isolated sections of the library, wondering why the 4 boys were avoiding him, which Yeonjun thought was almost deliberate. 

Yeonjun gloomily walked home, and was surprised to see Soobin in the park, who was being approached to by the Maknaes. He decided to drop his almost-new Airpods and listen to their conversation from a distance. 

"Oh, hyung. It's been so long since we heard from you" 

"Kai? Taehyun?"

"Where's Beomgyu?" Taehyun asked

"Yeah I've been wondering...."

Soobin glanced at his phone, fiddled a little and showed them the screen.

Taehyun had a stunned look, and Huening didnt speak a word

"Oh.." Taehyun broke the silence.

"Man, that sucks... We gotta go finish some assignments, wanna join?"

"Sure, text me the location and I'll freshen up and be there." 

Taehyun nodded, and set off with Hueningkai, while Soobin headed for his house. Yeonjun, whose attempt to eavesdrop the conversation discreetly had failed, was curious as ever to find out what was behind the phone screen. Yeonjun watched Soobin walk away, and when he was far enough, Yeonjun started trotting behind him quietly as possible. As soobin entered his house, Yeonjun snuck inside through a window opening, which led to his room. He could see Soobin was getting his towel and a fresh change of clothes and took it inside the bathroom, and when he was inside, Yeonjun waited on Soobins bed. 

Soobin's POV 

Beomgyu said that one of his childhood friends had moved to Japan, I hope he isnt mistreated or anything... His mum is half-japanese so he knows the basic language...

Will he be alright? I sure hope so

Maybe I can visit him sometime...

And with those thoughts, soobin stepped inside the shower.

_________________________________________________________

Rest In Peace, Choi Odi :(

Odi passed away last month due to a syndrome paralyzing the body, as someone who has lost my first ever pet, a rabbit earlier this year, I can totally relate to how Soobin is feeling... I hope he feels better soon~ Odi will always be in TXT and MOA's hearts, forever!