The Ninth Anniversary

(3rd persons point of view)

3am at night.

The room which was supposed to be dark was beamed with the light of the projector on a wall.

While a video went on, the female figure kept sitting still under a blanket; fully immersed in the people talking in front of her.

Her eyes went to the man sitting on the left in the video, as he spoke up,

"So, we won’t get to be together like this for a while, so if any of you want to say something to ARMY or to the members, this is the time. Then we’ll do the last toast, and say goodbye."

Min Yoongi, "I’ll start then…um...being in this line of work, I have been happy most of the time, but I have painful moments too…I just wish the members don’t experience the same pain. If we think about why we started this, why we choose to do this, it’s because I wanted to be happy. I don’t know when the end is or when we’ll die, but I just want all seven of us to be happy until then. I’m trying to pursue my own happiness these days, whether its gaming or working on music or just resting, I just love that we get to do things freely now. And I want us to do what we love until the end."

Kim Seokjin, "I wanted to be an actor first, the reason was I thought I’ll learn and experience a lot of things, depending on the roles I’ll get, but I became an idol instead. And I learned even more that I’ve ever imagined. I enjoyed it so much and I’ll enjoy it much more in the future. And thanks for our fans cheering for us. I love you guys, thank you."

Jeon Jungkook, "I realized again today that everyone has a timeline that’s right for them. ARMY will have their own motivation and timing as well. This timing should’ve come to us earlier, but we kind of held it off. You were with us. Almost …let’s say 10 years, it’s not that we want you to understand but, it’d be nice if you would understand us. We all are going to take some time, to have fun and experience a lot of things, we promise that we’ll return someday, even more mature than we are now."

Kim Taehyung, "For me, honestly, I want to try a lot of things. I hope there comes a chance to show my music to the world, and not just music, I want to show more that’s inside me. At some point, having these thoughts, started to feel wrong…I became cautious to even mention the things I wanted to try. Like Jungkook said, when the time comes, I want to show you the “Me”, that’s different from the V you know. I’ll try to do a lot so please send support and love to us."

J-Hope, "Firstly, we’ve been together for 9 years, and now its 10th year going on, I want to thank the members again, and I want to thank the fans who’ve been with us for so long. I don’t know, I’ve talked a lot about this to the members but I think we all should spend some time alone, to learn how to be one again. The timing is important, so I hope you guys don’t see it as a negative thing and see that it’s a healthy plan."

Yoongi, "It’s not like we’re disbanding, we are just living apart for a while."

J-Hope, "I think that’s how BTS could come out stronger, as a chapter 2, I think this is the best time and step and something we all need. So I hope since ARMY has been with us 9-10 years, you could understand. That’s all."

Park Jimin, "For me, I just wanted to say this, whenever we say ‘Our ARMY’ what does that mean to you? I always wondered if we could ask our fans, what their answer would be. Because for us, just saying the word ‘fans’ makes us really happy. But when my members call our fans ‘ARMY’, I really hope the meaning doesn’t change when you hear it. All this time, when we had conflict, fought and talked, our fans were in the heart of it all. So my hope is that, you’d take the meaning for what it is. We can’t even dream about separating from our fans. It’s all thanks to our fans. So if you guys really take our words as it is, it would be great."