PROLOGUE

Lia thought she made the right decision when she left Hailey back in middle school to befriend Zoey and Maria.

It wasn't the same as being Friends with Hailey. Lia could do what she wanted to without being judged. She was also friends with Zander and Luke, and she had an amazing time with all of them. But hanging out with them also meant being teased and bullied by others. By people like Drew and Zoey, and their friends Henry, Liam, and Maria. She got teased for the clothes she wore, for being a freak, and for being passionate about things.

Lia was sick of it.

So naturally, when Lia was given a chance to become popular, why wouldn't she accept it? 

Sure, she did have to change who she was. She had to straighten her hair and change her clothing style. She had to learn to bully and belittle people. But Zoey spoiled Lia with things she got from Drew, and she got to hang out with Zoey and Maria.

At first, it was great. Apart from the fact that she had to bully her now ex-friends, she no longer got bullied and she fit in. 

Except Lia always felt a void she hadn't felt before. Zoey and Maria didn't get her like Hailey did.

After a while, Lia started to regret leaving Hailey. 

Now, Hailey was running the music club. She was friends with more people, and she was close with Jake. Lia has had a crush on him since he joined their friend group.

Lia felt angry and jealous whenever she saw Hailey hanging out with Jake. This just made Lia resent Hailey and tease her more. 

This of course, just ruined things more. 

Lia regretted doing this, but she didn't know how to fix it.

What will Lia do when she is given a second chance?