Dead Heat

3rd person POV
Max sat coughing up what she had been able to sip of her drink as Pepper stomped off to go yell at Tony. Once Pepper was gone and she had been able to quiet down her choking Max noticed she had spilled some juice while she'd been coughing. She looked around hoping to find something to wipe it off with, her eyes landed on a roll of paper towels on the end table by the couch. She precariously made her way down the tall chair, holding onto the table for support, and traipsed over to the paper towels. She grabbed the roll but as soon as she did an odd burning sensation engulfed her hand. "Ouch!" she yelped tossing the towels aside on instinct and placing her hand in her mouth. The roll flew through the air igniting in blue flames as it did and landed on the couch. Which promptly broke out in blue flames as well. Soon the fire began to spread eating up the cushions in a rage. Max ran to the lower cabinets that she could reach to see if she could find something to extinguish the flames with. But as soon as her fingers made contact with the wooden door of the cabinets they were set ablaze as well. "Ah!" Max shrieked softly stumbling back in fear, the same blue flame began to take over the kitchen as well. She stood up and ran back from the quickly burning items. As she ran she collided with an already clearly dying houseplant almost the size of her and it followed suit with the rest of the on-fire items. This was all too much for Maxine and tears began to sting her eyes, they dried up and evaporated on contact with her cheeks. She crawled away from the quickly expanding plumes of smoke, leaving little singe marks on the floor. She huddled in the corner bringing her knees up to her chest and laid her head down on it. She had fully given up on the situation and excepted her fate. Smoke began to fill the room causing her to cough again choking on the fumes. She collapsed to the ground barely able to stay conscious.
—————————————— downstairs in the lab
Pepper and Tony were going at it again oblivious to what was going on just above their heads. "You could have killed her!" Pepper yelled "she's fine!" Tony fired back angrily. "Excuse me Ms. Potts" Jarvis interjected "not now Jarvis" she shrugged him off and continued laying Tony out "she has a good sized burn on her wrist and I can bet you there's more than just that one!" "A few burns won't kill her!" Tony tried to defend himself. "Tony she lost her mother and you are all she has left!" "So what I lost mine too! Mom's die, no need to be pussy about it". Pepper glared at Tony which subdued his sarcasm "ok ok I'll try and be more careful with her" he remarked sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "Now Ms. Potts?" Jarvis asked taking advantage of the moment of silence "yes Jarvis what is it" the woman sighed. "I just thought you'd like to know that Ms. Maxine is upstairs choking due to the enormous fire that has started. "Oh my god!" Both adults said in unison rushing up the stairs. They burst into the living room to see nothing but climbing blue flames spreading around the room. "Max! Max where are you!" Pepper called inhaling some of the flames herself and coughing them up. "Jarvis!" Tony said coughing between words "Jarvis! *cough* turn on *cough, cough* the sprinklers" the AI did as instructed and soon the unearthly blue glow was extinguished but still no sign of Max.