Paper and Pencil

(A/n: Yall. The pic for this chapter. *inhales* EEEEEEEEE)

You awake the next morning, once again repeating your daily routine of getting up and ready, and then walking downstairs.

You were greeted by a "G'mornin'!" From Lin and a smile from Joe. Striker was nowhere to be seen. You sit down at the table as Striker comes downstairs.

He flashes you a smile and sits down. You eat and then walk outside, Striker following you.

You immediately start walking towards the horse pen. You jump in and let the horses out of the corral, Ghost walking up to you with a happy neigh.

You pet her for a while, looking beside you to see Striker petting Bombproof. You smile. Obviously the two have the same close relationship as you do with Ghost.

You give Ghost one last pet and walk up behind Striker, tapping him on the shoulder. He goes rigid and swings a fist around in a punch.

You doge it and grab both of his wrists, stopping him from making another attempt to attack.

His eyes widen as he realizes it's you, and you let go of his wrists. He chuckles. "You scared the shit outta me, darlin'. I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that in the future."

You smile at him. It's something you've always prided yourself in, your uncanny ability to make not a single sound. (Which you also found funny, because you're mute.) You gesture for him to follow you and Bombproof runs to the rest of the horses.

You take him to the barn and see Joe inside working on something. You walk up to him and sign the word 'help', gesturing to Striker.

Understanding what you're asking, Joe gestures to what he's working on. "Striker, I could use your help with this while Y/n takes Ghost out to town."

"Ghost?" Striker looks confused.

"Oh right, you don't know. I assume that Y/n has shown you her special horse? The gray hell horse? That's Ghost." Joe says.

"Oh, okay. Yeah, sure, I'll help you out." Striker says, flashing a smile at him.

Smiling and waving goodbye, you walk out and get Ghost saddled. You hoist yourself up and on her back, flicking the reins as she takes off running.

Ghost has always liked going to town with you, which confused you because she didn't like people. You still took her anyway, knowing that her hostile behavior towards people warded off drunk freaks.

You arrived in town and walked into the farmer's market. You grabbed some seeds and paid. Even if it was only for one thing, you were happy to run into town for Lin.

Lin adored her garden, and she made the best meals ever with the ingredients from it, so you liked to run into town every now and then to grab her some seeds.

You mounted Ghost and started for home.

Along the way, you thought about Striker, which made you subconsciously hiss. He seemed like he was up to something shifty, you just weren't sure what.

Maybe you were just being paranoid. You were always naturally very suspicious of people when you first met them because of... Past experiences.

You pull back on the reins and Ghost slows down as you approach the Ranch. You jump down and give Ghost a few pets before taking off her saddle and letting her into the pasture.

You bring the seeds to the garden, knowing that Lin would be there. You tap her shoulder and give her the seeds, Lin thanking you and going immediately to plant them in the empty spots.