3. Mafia ball

Sofie (Genevieve) Myer-Romano (Loukanis)

"Where the fuck is she?" I jolt out of the bed I'm in, I hear my brothers voices coming from the front door. Atticus front door.

I passed out a while ago but I also woke up a while ago. I've just been resting here, where it's quiet, or was quiet.

I basically run to the front door, I know they won't do anything because we have to look like a "perfect" family. We definitely aren't. But I can't trust them fully, I don't know if they would care about red and them finding out.

"Where have you been?" I get the attention of all my siblings. "Here." I say, quietly, I notice Nova holding a dress. I'm assuming it's mine, it's black, short probably stops mid-thigh.

I'm also guessing she picked it out because it's more her style. I don't wear dresses all that often, normally only to mafia events. Since that's the only fancy events I go to.

"First you skip school, then you stay at a boys house. Let alone there are three of them here." When did Luca notice me going to school? When did any of them notice me going to school?

Especially Luca he's the asshole out of all of them and only cares about himself. A lot of them only care about themselves.

I get that they're trying to make it look like they care about me and notice me. But they don't have to do it around red and his brothers, they all know how it really is.

"Don't act like you care." I mumble. Fuck, why did I say that out loud? That would definitely get me in a shit load of trouble.

"I'm going to act like I didn't just hear what you said. Now go put your dress on. We are running late." Apollo hands me my dress. I'm shocked that he didn't do anything and just brushed it off.

The others look shocked too, Apollo is normally to busy to notice or care about me. He's one of my guardians, he calls the shots, he is supposed to take care of me. But he doesn't, none of them do.

—————-

"Stand up straight, act more like a girl." The princess says, aka Allie. She always tells me to put makeup on, wear nicer clothes, cover up those scars, do your hair nicely. It's like she forgets what my life is, how I'm treated around the house.

"Go make friends or something." Luca tells me, it's basically his way of telling me to leave. Just the nicer version for when there's people around.

I head directly to two big sets of doors. I don't like being around big groups and this event definitely has a lot of people. There's like 5 mafias here, parents, kids, siblings, aunts, uncles. And close cousins.

"Why are you in here?" I turn around and use my back to close the door. I'm in a large library that has a couch in the middle, with a guy on it.

"To umm..." I can't think of what to say, I don't normally talk to other people. "To get away?" He finish's my sentience for me.

"Yeah, your Atticus friend right?" I step closer realizing it's Madden, one of red's friend. "Madden. Why are you trying to get away?" He sits up and closes his book.

"My siblings, what about you?" I take a seat on the couch, beside Madden but making sure to keep my distance.

"My family is hosting this ball and I don't like going to them." How did I not notice it? He's wearing a red suit, which means one of his family members that are in the mafia died. 

"Sorry." I apologize for a persons death, I don't even know who that person is. "It's fine, they were a late cousin of mine, I didn't even know them." He goes back to reading his book, like I'm not even here.