Chapter One

Present day;

*Zayn's pov*

The bus skidded to a stop, signalling that we reached our new destination. Yawning, I lifted myself off the couch and walking into the bunk area, Niall was snoring away on the top bunk, hugging a bag of crisps.

"Ni, we're here. Wake up..." I said while shaking his shoulders, he groaned and rolled over, shooing me away. "I'll bring you to Nando's if you wake up" With that he jolted up, hitting his head on the ceiling of the bus, chuckling, I walked into the main area of the bus, Harry was picking out what color Raybans he should wear and Louis was on Liam's lap whining about how hot it was outside. I have the weirdest friends. Liam gave me a hopeful look, but I just walked by him smirking, the door opened, filling the bus with light and heat. Louis was right, it's hot!

"Welcome to Florida boys! Come on, we need to get into the hotel before the paps find us!" Paul said in an oddly cheerful tone, he must be roasting with his black polo and black pants! An inhumanly sound came from behind me, notifying me that Niall has woken up.

"Jeez! I thought Zayn was the one who always refused to get up! Wow Ni!" Harry teased, shooting him a glare, I walked out of the bus and into the warm air of Florida. Damn, it's beautiful here.

***

"Well I guess you guys can go explore the hotel. But I swear to god if you step one toe out of line I will personally kill you" Paul said sternly, we all laughed and ran out the door, Paul yelling behind us.

I lost the boys somewhere in the hotel, and now I'm just walking down the halls of the main floor.

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS. THIS IS YOUR DREAM, NOT MINE" A girl screams from the end of the hall. Curiosity got the best of me and I got closer to the source. The yelling was coming from a room that resembles a ball room, smooth wooden floors, chandeliers, windows from the floor to the ceiling on one wall, mirrors on the rest.

The girl was wearing high waisted black shorts and a button up white shirt, her dark brown hair was in a perfect bun on the top of her head. damn, she's fit. The yelling continued for about five minutes, something about the girl wanting to be a dancer but the father wanted her to work in the hotel business.

Finally the dad walked out, and he looked extremely familiar...

*Natalie's pov*

Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange with a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it enough. A quoted on tumblr read, reminding me once again about the boy who broke my heart.

"Bullshit.." I muttered and slammed my laptop shut, it seems like nothing can make me happy. My father won't let me do what I love, and I've been seeing Zayn Malik and his stupid little boy band everywhere. I heard they were coming to Clearwater, so I ran and got my hair dyed. It once was a light blonde, now it's a dark dark brown. Hopefully he won't recognize me...

I plugged my phone onto the dock and turned on Young Girls by Bruno Mars and danced away my feelings. Something I've gotten used to ever since my mom died...

The song finished, and clapping echoed through the ballroom. "That was amazing" A husky British accent said behind me, I turned around to come face to face with him. The boy who broke my heart three years ago, my throat swells up like an allergic reaction, and I'm lost for words.

"Uh- I-I....." I gulp and he chuckles, what the hell?!

"I take it you're a fan?" He said cockily. That little egotistical, self centered son of a-

"Actually, I'm not. I hate your stupid little boy band" I finally found words to say, and they came out extremely harsh. His eyes widened and I smirk in triumph.

"You seem familiar, what's your name?" He asked, obviously changing the subject.

"Nat- Ali" I stuttered, shit. "Ali." I reassured. He nodded and extended his hand,

"I'm Zayn Malik." He smirked cockily. I opened my mouth to say something, but my co-worker Sarah walked in,

"Natalie, Mr.Parker- well I guess in your case, your father- wants you to take the day off. I'll cover your shift." Damn it. Cover blown. Thanks Sarah....

"Oh... um.... okay...." I could see Zayn studying me from the corner of my eye, please tell me you forgot, please, please-

"Natalie Parker... where have I heard that name from..."