Know Your Worth

Michelle quietly watches from the small gap in the door, observing Alison as she diligently works away in her office. The soft glow of the desk lamp illuminates her focused expression. Michelle hesitates, unsure if she should interrupt Alison or continue to admire her from a distance.

Michelle walks into the office, her voice calling out softly, "Alison?" There's no immediate response from the focused CEO. Undeterred, she tries again, "Alison?" The woman seems entirely engrossed in her work. "I'm leaving then," Michelle mumbles to herself, feeling a tinge of disappointment.

Suddenly, Alison's commanding voice demands her attention. "Wait," she calls out, and Michelle stops in her tracks. Turning around, her blonde wavy hair cascading over her shoulders, Michelle faces the formidable CEO. "What do you need?" Alison asks, her gaze steady.

Summoning her courage, Michelle decides not to let shyness hold her back. She can ask for what she wants, especially from the woman who once seemed so possessive of her. "I need some money," she finally admits, her fingers fiddling with each other nervously.

Alison raises an eyebrow, curiosity piqued. "For?" she inquires, her tone neutral. Michele hesitates, but before she can elaborate, Alison interjects with a hint of concern, "I hope it's not for who I think it is."

Caught off guard, Michelle glances away awkwardly. She knows Alison is referring to her mother, and the truth makes her feel uneasy. However, before she can say anything, Alison clarifies, "No."

Michelle gapes, her thoughts stumbling over each other as she tries to process Alison's words. "But you said you'd give me whatever I wanted!" she blurts out, feeling slightly confused.

Alison nods calmly, acknowledging her previous statement. "I did. I'll give you whatever you desire, but not your mother," she firmly states.

Michelle grew more defiant, "That's unfair," she protested, her frustration evident in her voice. Alison arched an eyebrow, adjusting her glasses as she looked at Michelle. "How so?" she calmly inquired.

"It just is. I want it. Who cares what I do with it?" Michelle argued, her emotions starting to get the better of her. Alison took a deep breath, trying to maintain her composure. "I'm very busy, and you're distracting me right now," she stated matter-of-factly.

Michelle couldn't help but scoff at Alison's response, feeling hurt by the dismissive tone. "So I'm a distraction now? Wow, I thought I was special," she retorted, her words laced with sarcasm and frustration.

Alison let out another sigh, trying to find the right words. "You're acting rash, and your mother doesn't deserve a thing," she said bluntly, dismissing any notion of providing financial assistance to Michelle's mother.

Hearing those words hit Michelle hard, making her feel a mix of anger and sadness. She turned away from Alison and stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind her as she left.

Michelle sat on the bed, her anger palpable in the air. Alison entered the room and positioned herself in front of Michelle. "Hey," Alison's voice was soft, a mix of concern and determination.

"I know you're upset," Alison began, "but you have to remember your worth. You don't owe anything to a mother who treated you so poorly. She doesn't deserve anything from you."

Michelle remained silent, her gaze fixed on the floor as she absorbed Alison's words. There was a tense pause before Michelle finally stood up, her body language uncertain. Alison braced herself, half-expecting a confrontation.

To her surprise, Michelle closed the gap between them and leaned in, capturing Alison's lips in a gentle yet passionate kiss. It was a moment of raw emotion, a connection formed through unspoken understanding.