Babysitting with the Archer of Infamy

I was up early the next morning getting ready to see Vaughn at her school.
Paul had called me last night while Luis and I were still in bed talking, and told me he was sending a car for me to get to the school.
I knew Vaughn went to a private school, I knew I had to have a certain decorum in my outfit, but I also knew that Vaughan would expect me to be in "rock star" mode.
I decided on a jeans, a black t-shirt, with a black and white flannel tied to my waist in case I needed it. I paired it with my favorite boots, I figured I would be fine. I also chose to bring my purple leather jacket, which Vaughn loved as much as I did.
I glanced over at Luis, who was still asleep. I smiled at how peaceful he looked, and wondered what the fans would think if they could see the Punishment of The Judgment Day so serene in sleep.
Last night, our relationship became a lot deeper, intimate and personal.
Our conversation started turning to the future and not just our together, but what we were hoping to accomplish within our own lives and careers.
In the end, to lighten the mood, I had told him I was going to start using him when I needed help with a song, since he had been so articulate and his words had been captivating.
He had told me to come to him whenever I needed him, because he already knew I would be doing the same for him.
I went over to him, and moved his hair from his eyes, and kissed him lightly.
He stirred, and opened sleep filled eyes. "Go back to sleep," I told him. "I'm leaving, I'll see you later, I love you ."
"No," he murmured, pulling me down onto him. "I need five minutes with you. You can't just say 'I love you,' and go out the door."
I laughed, "Baby, two seconds ago, you were sleeping, when I kissed you goodbye."
"So it's your fault I woke up and have you trapped." He said smugly.
"Yep, next time I'm just going to go and not kiss you goodbye." I joked.
"You'll feel the wrath of the Punishment, then." He warned in a teasing tone. He tickled my sides, and then caught my lips in a kiss, his hands in my hair. "I'm happy you woke me, hon. I'd rather you wake me than me not see you at all."
I gave him another kiss, while a text alerted me the car was here. "I have to go, Luis. I love you."
"Have fun, babe. I'll see you later." He said, and before I closed the door, I heard him say: "Love you more."
It figured he'd have the final say, I thought with a grin, as I shook my head, heading to the car, and climbing in.
"Hey," a voice said.
"Hey, yourself. I wasn't expecting you. Where's Vaughn?" I asked Paul.
"Already at school. Steph dropped her off, and I needed to talk to you, and ask a favor...plus, Stephanie said I needed to fix the mess I made the other day, so I had to beg your forgiveness." He made a production of air quoting the word 'forgiveness' by rolling his eyes.
I laughed. "I love her," I said.
"Yeah, whatever." He muttered.
"What's the favor, Paul? What can I help you with?" I asked.
"Shawn needs my help at NXT, and Steph needs to go help Shane out, so we need someone to watch the girls until Stephanie's mom gets here tomorrow night. And, of course, the girls want you."
"I should say 'no,' but I do love you and Steph and my girls. Of course, I'll help you. I'm going to enlist Luis's help, though, just so you know."
Paul exhaled a sigh of relief. "I kinda figured as much, and that's totally fine. We really appreciate it...and you."
"Mm-hmm, I, bet." I laughed. "While I have you here, the song for Elimination Chamber is finished, and I have an idea about about the video..."

************************
Pulling up to Vaughn's school was another feat Paul and I should have known to expect. Paparazzi in the city is a given, so clearly, we're used to it. However, when you're not expecting anyone to be there, but there's a crowd we knew we had to make it work, and make sure the kids were ok.
The driver let Paul out first, and then Paul gave me his hand to help me out of the car. And that's when all the cameras started snapping and flashing and the shouts of: "Josie, look this way!" Or " Paul, why is your daughter ok?" I exchanged glances with Paul and addressed the crowd. "Hey, everyone! Listen, let's acknowledge we're at a school, and the kids are all fine. I'm here for Paul's daughter, as her living book report, because she thinks I'm cooler than her dad." I winked at Paul and at the cameras.
"Anyway, we'll give you some shots, but then let's clear out of the school property,ok?"
Paul and I stayed for a couple photos, and did a few sound bites, and then finally went inside, where Paul brought me to Vaughn's classroom. He knocked on the door, and Vaughn came running to me. "Aunt Josie!" She squealed.
I hugged her hard, "Hey, Superstar," I said.
She turned to her teacher and her classmates and proudly said: "This is my Aunt Josie, and she's a real life Rockstar! I hope to grow up to be just like her! A bad ass Rockstar, like my dad says." She stood straight and tall right next to me, with the biggest grin on her face.
I laughed, addressed the class. "We're going to ignore what Vaughn's dad calls me, because we're not gonna get anyone in trouble." The class giggled.
"Vaughn, would you like to read the report for your Aunt? Maybe afterwards she could tell us what it's like to be a rockstar?" Vaughn's teacher, asked, giving Vaughn the report.
"Sure, Miss. Temple!" Vaughn looked at me. "Go sit next to dad," she instructed.
"See? Attitude." Paul mumbled.
"Comeuppance, I told you." I answered.
I listened to the report Vaughn wrote, loving how mentioned that everyone in the band was equally important, but how she wanted to grow up and also be able to do solo things, or cameos, or be able to play a different instrument and be featured in someone else's band, just like her aunt. And yet, how I really wasn't her "real" aunt but one of her dad's best friends from a long time ago.
"I love her." I told Paul.
"That damn kid." He said. "I'm a proud papa."
"Yeah, you should be." I wiped a tear from my eye.
Afterwards, once she was done, she gave me the report, and I hugged her hard. Then I answered some questions and took some pictures with the class.
"Superstar, you ready to come home with me early?" I asked.
"What?" She asked.
"Your aunt and Damian Priest are baby sitting you and your sisters until grandma gets here tomorrow."
"Really?" Vaughn hugged me. "I'm so excited!" She turn to her father, and hugged him too. "Thanks, Dad! We'll see you later!"
I laughed. "Well, I guess you can go." I said to Paul.
"Seriously! Jesus!" He shook his head. "Let me take you back to the hotel so you can get Luis.. I'll text him... just so you know, the girls only know him as Damian ." He told me.
I nodded. "Got it." I said.
"Thanks again, for this." He said.
"You know I love watching the girls and I would help you in a heartbeat. No need to thank me." I said.
"Let  me know if Luis  feels the same way." Paul laughed.