📣 Quick Announcement 📣

Hello to my lovely readers,

I'm really sorry for the hold up here. I've done so much refurbishing to More Than Just Friends over the course of it being available. I realized how much I neglected this book and that might've been the reason why my publishing contract didn't work out. That's beside the point though.

This book wasn't properly written due to it being around back in 2012. I am not a very experienced writer. I was just a typical teen who was fond of reading so much books, and I just happen to have a story concept in one of my notebooks in the past that I wanted to try and create into it's own universe.

I realized there are so much I want to do with this book now. I'll apologize in advance for the hold up with this book. It's making me struggle to progress with more content because I've been so caught up with a messy book.

Regarding the possible changes, here are a list of some stuff I need to work on:

Update in timeline - Technology advanced so much from 2012 until now in 2023. I remember when I had my characters use Blackberry phones and then switch to iPhones... I have a solid idea of how I want to make them use technology and incorporate it with the story!

Chapter rename - I hated how I named the chapters into hints of what the chapter content will be. I made sure to stick to just naming it by chapter number from now on.

Proper story flow - Everything seemed like so fast-paced, unexpected, and hella cliché. Though I aim to put some cliché on this book. I want it to be very relevant at least.

Cutting down on the characters I added to this story - I did plan on making some sort of 'Just Friends Universe' for everyone so that there are more stories that highlight the other characters. Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? I just have to execute them properly.

Shifting genres from Teen Fiction to Romance/Young Adult? - I wrote this when I was in my early teen years, I want to change that obviously. The genre of a lot of Mature content is more popular and I hope to delve into that genre soon too. I just want to make sure that this book will still be wholesome with a hint of romance and young adult love.

Obviously, I will be doing some proper grammar checks. I don't have a major in English literature, but at least I do have an idea of how to structure English sentences/paragraphs properly. I need to do a lot of that in this book.

I didn't really miss anything, did I? I really appreciate the support from my readers. I'm hoping I wouldn't be some one-hit-wonder with this book. I want to do more. I just have to juggle it with my adult life now. Thanks for sticking by with me. 

I do encourage my readers to reread this story with fresh new eyes and open mind once it's done being edited. I do plan on doing major changes for this book. 

Feel free to give ask me some questions or suggestions on what type of content you want to see from me in the future! I'd love to sit and chat with everyone. :)

Much love,

Echo ♥