Reasons: for what is and is not done

TW: hybrid trafficking, torture, death,
Please let me know if I missed any

Things went sort of back to how they were.

Other than the fact that Phil kept trying to talk to the human.

Techno didn't really want much to do with the elytrian, as his heart hurt enough for the time being.

How stupid he was. To think Phil actually cared about him. He wouldn't be that stupid again.

Scott came by regularly as always. Which was really nice, the starborn always had something new and exciting in store. But for the past 24 hours, he's been trying to convince Techno that Phil had changed.

"Phil would've killed you on the spot if he was the same." Scott said, casually leaning on the door frame of Techno's little abode.

The human froze from where he was organizing things in his chest. He really didn't have much, it was mostly flowers Tubbo had given him, and flowers he'd planned to give the bee.

His hand hovered over a bundle of tulips. "What do you mean?" But he knew what Scott meant.

The starborn sighed. "It was Phil's little dream to wipe out human kind. Even though Wilbur was probably better known to kill, Phil's desire was never far from the surface. He would never turn down the idea of killing a hunter."

Techno sighed, continuing to sort through the chest. "You heard what Ranboo said at the meeting. He kept me alive to watch me suffer."

"Did he? Or is that just what the others assumed? Wouldn't you assume the same?"

The former hunter snorted, "Am I wrong to? How much can one person change someone's whole outlook?"

"Quite a great deal, I'd say."

Techno paused again. "But I didn't change Phil." He whispered.

"But you weren't killed on the spot."

"No, I wasn't."

"I'd like you to accompany me on a trip."

"Why?"

"Because you are a great hunter, one of the best. And because I trust you."

"That's such a mistake."

"Is it? Will you let it be? We leave in an hour. Meet me at the Pub."

● ● ●

Techno and Scott were at the edge of Sanctuary. A certain elytrian with obsidian black wings came to join them.

"Wait, why take me? Aren't I a prisoner?"

"Eh not really mate." The elytrian said, fixing the wrapping on his forearm. "Plus, you are one of the oldest."

"I am?"

"Well, in human years, Wil is much older. But in hybrid years he is younger. Because humans live much shorter lives, and therefore must grow up quicker."

Phil wrapped a cloth around Techno's forearm, much like his own. The human felt a tiny shock when it was put on. Before he could blink, Phil grabbed his forearm, leading Techno's hand to do the same. Then they were flying.

If he had a bit less dignity, he would've screamed.

"Relax, the enchantment binds us together. I can't drop you if I tried, and you can't fall if you tried." The elytrian said with a twittering laugh.

"Thank you, so much, for the warning." The human shot back sarcastically.

"Alright, well, we are going to into a dive in five seconds."

Whether it was because he was in shock, or he'd gone completely crazy, Techno found that he loved the wind on his face when they dived, reaching speeds the human could hardly imagine.

The elytrian's wings flared out, and their decend was slowed exponentially. They glided over a lake, and Techno worked up the courage to put his foot in it. It created a small wake in the otherwise glassy surface.

The two flew silently for a while, before Phil spoke up.

"You remind me of Wilbur. He has a love for flying too."

"What happened to him? Scott told me the summary."

"Well, some of it isn't my story to tell, but I can tell what I witnessed."

"Scott and I had been working on a place for hybrids to live safely for about a decade of human years. While he was busy enchanting, I was going to find new hybrids. I came across a ship that was wrecked half on the beach. So obviously I went to explore it." The hybrid shuttered, his wings trembling a bit as they flew.

"It was a trafficking vessel. There were so many bodies. A few dead skelkies, I think maybe a satyr, and human bodies too. Near the back, was Wilbur. He was much younger, and one of his wings were broken."

"I am so sorry Phil." The human said, gazing up.

"It's fine. It's one of the few tragic stories in Sanctuary."

"Do you have a tragic story? If you want to share that is."

The elytrian thought for a moment. "I do. I have the story of my kind."

He took a deep breath. "It started with a prophecy."

_____________________________

Story time!

(I've got a two hour drive tomorrow)

I should really go to bed, but my brain differs.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙