Chapter 6: Drills.

Chapter 6: Drills.

Tonight is Destiny's birthday party.

I, for one, am excited to see how everything we've been planning comes together.

I sing along to Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words" playing on my speakers, as I adjust the laces on the sneakers I have on. I stare at myself in the mirror accessing my outfit. I'm wearing a red basketball jersey and baggy jeans, I paired it with Nike Airforce 1s.

"Ouuwee." Julia says as she walks into my room. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." I say, smiling at her. "You know, you could join me and we could attend this party together." I suggest.

"Can't. You know I have court tomorrow." She says, giving me a sad smile.

"Bummer. I'm gonna have fun on your behalf." I tell her, bringing her in for a hug.

"Mmm. And you smell good too." She compliments. "What's this scent called?" Julia asks, sniffing my neck.

"A concoction I'd like to call none of your business." I retort, playfully.

"Oh, is that how it is now. Gatekeeping?" Julia says, folding her arms.

"Mhm." I hum and she hits my bum.

"I'll see you when you get back." She says before leaving my room.

I get to the nightclub in ten minutes and I see the party is already in full swing. Rasheeda grabs me and pulls me to the side.

"Jesus Christ." I yell out.

"Hush." She tells me.

"Well, that's kinda hard to do that when you're twisting my arm." I say, whispering in annoyed tone.

"Where is Destiny?" She asks me and I stare at her in confusion.

"The fuck? Why are you asking me that? You got here before me, I just walked in. Is she not here already?" I ask her.

"She hasn't arrived." Rasheeda informs me.

"It's 10pm, where else could she be on the night of her birthday party?" I ask, thinking to myself.

"Beats me." She says in frustration.

"Let me call her." I say, bringing my phone out of my back pocket. Dailing her number, it rings but she doesn't answer.

"Didn't answer, did she? Welcome to Destiny's voicemail club." Rasheeda tells me.

"Let's go enjoy the party and if she doesn't show up in thirty minutes, we go and look for her." I suggest.

"Okay, but only thirty minutes." Rasheeda warns and I nod.

We head to the dance floor and turn up. Dancing with strangers and having a swell time. Thirty minutes go by in a hurry and me and Rasheeda leave the club and head to Destiny's house.

We knock on her apartment door and she doesn't answer. I turn the doorknob and the door opens.

"Des?!!" I call out, but she doesn't answer.

"Maybe she's not home." Rasheeda tells me as we walk into the house.

"Her door's unlocked. It's either there's a burglar or she's home." I reply.

We walk into the living room and I scream at the sight.

"The fuck are you two doing?" I ask in disgust, covering my eyes.

Caleb and Destiny are making out on the couch, but they stop when they hear my voice.

"Nova!" Destiny says, surprised.