Chapter 11: Tupperware.

"That's in the wrong place." I tell Jordan.

"No it's not. We said we'd put the pool in the middle of the terrace." He snaps back.

"Don't yell at me. It looks ugly so I changed my mind." I tell him.

"Let's take a break." He tells me.

"I agree." I retort. " I'm going to order some Chipotle. You want some?" I ask him as I stand up from the ground and grab my phone from the sofa.

"Yeah sure." He says, shrugging.

I order the food and then sit beside Jordan on the sofa as I watch him scroll through his Instagram feed.

"How many followers do you have on there?" I ask him

"A humble two thousand." He replies.

"Okay big shot." I hype and he chuckles.

"How many do you have?" He asks me and I smile.

"Two hundred and forty three." I tell him.

"That's nice." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I know you're laughing at me in your mind." I say, nudging him in his side.

"Ow, I am not." He says, rubbing the place I had just hit.

"Yeah right." I retort, standing up from the sofa and heading to the kitchen.
"Do you want a Gatorade?" I ask him.

"No. Do you have some Monster?" He asks and I shake my head. When I realize he can't see me I blurt out a "No."

"That's such a boy drink." I tell him.

"A boy's drink?" He says, walking into the kitchen.

"Mhm." I hum, nodding.

"Since when did drinks have genders?" He asks me.

"Since I started labelling the drinks by the kind of people that drink them." I clapback.

"Oh really. Please tell me more." He says, leaning on the island as he stares at me in anticipation.

"Well, for starters Coca Cola is a boy, while Fanta is a girl. Pepsi is a girl. Mountain Dew is a a grandmother and Dr. Pepper is a grandfather." I tell him.

"Oh, I didn't know you were doing a family tree too." He says and I smack his arm playfully.

"You know what I was trying to say, don't play. Come on, your turn. Try it." I say, egging him on.

"I should give genders to inanimate objects?" He asks me with an eyebrow raised.

"Duhh. Hurry up." I say, sarcastically.

"Okay, let's see. Gatorade is a boy, while a McDonald's sprite is a war veteran on life support." He says and I laugh.

"Bro, what the fuck?" I say, chuckling.

Someone knocks on the door and I walk to the front door to answer it. It's the delivery guy. I pay him and he is on his merry way.

"Yay, food." Jordan says, rubbing his hands together.

"Calm your horses now." I tell him as he tries to take the bag from my hand.

"But I'm hungry. Working with you is literally stressful as fuck." He says and I roll my eyes at him.

I set the table with cermaic plates and pour the contents of the tupperware on them. Jordan just watches me and I let out a sigh.

"What is it?" I ask him.