Chapter 7: Drunk.

Chapter 7: Drunk.

"What's poppin'?" I say as I walk into Sawyer's apartment with a wine bottle in my hand.

I look around and I see Sawyer sitting on the sofa with his roommate. This party is completely dead, we're the only ones here.

"You made it." Sawyer says, standing up as he walks up to me.

"You invited me afterall." I tell him as he collects the wine bottle from my hand.

Julia enters the apartment and Sawyer's eyes dash to her.

"Hello." She says, waving at him.

"Thanks for coming. Let's move to the couch." He tells us.

"Hi." Sawyer's roommate says as I sit on the sofa across him.

"Hey." I say, studying his features. "Do I know you?"

"We were in the same group during that student week paintballing challenge is second year." He tells me.

"Aha." I say, laughing.

"I'm Nova." I tell him, adjusting the strap of my dress.

"Wyatt" He says and I nod.

"I'm gonna get some glasses from the kitchen." Sawyer announces before he leaves the living room.

"Sup dickhead." Julia says, hitting Wyatt on his head.

"You." Wyatt says, getting up and starts chasing her.

I see an ipod close to the speaker and I figure that's where the music is coming from. I unlock it, since it didn't even have a password or anything and I play the "Damn" album by Kendrick Lamar.

"Your music taste is impressive." Sawyer says behind me, startling me a little.

Julia's scream can be heard in the distance as Wyatt and her are still running around.

"What happened to your party?" I ask him as I collect the filled glass from his hand.

This isn't the wine I brought? This is something else.

I smell it.

It's whiskey.

"I figured I didn't want any other guy staring at you tonight. So, I cancelled it. Called the whole thing off, so you and I could have some time to get to know each other better." Sawyer says and I roll my eyes at him.

"Maybe no one wanted to come to a party on a school day." I retort.

"This is NYU, are you kidding me?" He guffaws.

"Still." I say before I take a sip of my drink.

"This girl is demonic." Wyatt says, rushing into the living room panting.

I go back to where I was seated and Sawyer joins me this time. Julia limps into the living room, breathing hard.

"I will end you, dummy." She says, taking a seat on the other sofa where Wyatt is.

"These two act like children." I whisper.

"Tell me about it." Sawyer says, leaning in.

An hour later, I'm borderline drunk. Well, I'm not the only one that's drunk though. Wyatt and Julia are also part of the drunk club. The difference is that they are calm now and on their phones. Sawyer claims he's not drink even though his eyes say otherwise.

"You're staring at me again." I say, looking at Sawyer.

"You're beautiful." He tells me.

"You keep saying that. Didn't know whiskey could bring a love confession out of you." I giggle.