|| Chapter 20 :- Kartik's firm decision ||

" What's your decision Kartik? ", Naira asked.

" Naira... Hamare bich jo bhi baat hui kal... Vo iss darwaze ke bahar kisiko bhi pata nahi chalna chahiye... Aisa mujhe lagta hai.. (Naira nods)... Aur ye bhi sach hai ki hum ab pati patni hai.. We can't deny that fact... Right? (She again nods)... Aur... ", he went silent for a while.

" aur? ", she asked.

" hum khush hai... Ye hume gharwalo ko dikhana padega... Simple shabdo mein natak karna hoga hume...(he takes a deep breath).. Dekho Naira I know this is difficult... For both of us... But humare paas aur koi chaara nahi hai gharwalo ke saamne natak karne ke alawa.... I hope you understand...
So Ms. Naira Singhania... Let us face it then... ", he said and she looked at him surprisingly because he didn't address her as 'Mrs. Naira Goenka' despite being his wife.

He smiled but only he himself knew how much pain is hidden behind the smile. She stared at him while he went to freshen up.
The day went like this only.

🍁🍁🍁

Later the same night.....

The whole family was done with dinner and all had gone to their respective rooms. So did Kartik and Naira.
Kartik first had come in the room and was ready to sleep. He was waiting for Naira to come. Till that time, he blankly stared at the moon in the sky. He still needed time to believe that how his life had taken a whole 360° turn.
Just then, Naira entered the room . He was backfacing her.

Naira was about to call his name but before that he spoke...

" tumne mujhe ye sach kyu bataya Naira? ", he asked and she got confused for a second.

" matlab? ", she asked.

Kartik : matlab tumne ye sach mujhe batana kyu jaruri samjha? Ab vaise bhi shaadi ho chuki thi... Ab batao ya naa batao.. Kya hi fark padta... Fir bhi tumne ye sab kyu bataya mujhe?

"  humare rishte ki shuruwat jhut se kaise karti mai?", she at once said and he looked at her instantly...

Kartik : (a bit angrily) matlab Tumne kya decide Kiya ki Ham Apne Rishte ki shuruwat Karenge?

She went silent for a while I should didn't know what to answer now.

He smiled a little and continued...
" nai Naira... Tum iss Rishte Mein jabardasti Aayi Ho apni Marji se nahin... Tum Pehle Se Hi Kisi dusre ladke se pyar karti thi lekin Fir Bhi Tumhari shaadi Mujhse Hui Hai.. Aur Pyar Ho Na Ho Vishwas Ho Na Ho I mean Kuchh Bhi Ho Lekin Tumhari permission Ke Bina Main Kuchh Nahin kar sakta... Agar Ham donon Ek dusre Se Pyar Kar Bhi Rahe Hote Na by chance to Bhi Main Kuchh Nahin karta... Aur Ab Toh Sawal hi Nahin uthata... Is Sab ke bavajud Bhi Tumne sach bola ye Baat Pasand aayi Mujhe...
Tumne kuch Nahin bola na lekin fir bhi Tumhari Aankhen Sab Kuchh bolati hai... Even your silence speaks for me...", he spoke genuinely with a small curve on his face.

She was blankly staring at him listening his words . She had understood how much he liked her but at last she had broken his heart.

" It's just that... I made a mistake in understanding the meaning of your silence... I thought you are scared... Confused... That's why you are not speaking but the whole thing was different... I didn't knew that your heart is already with some other person...ye baat kal pata chali mujhe... Nd u know it was... It was painful... ", he said.

" sorry ", she said in a choked voice.

" no no don't say that... Jaane do... Jo Ho Gaya  So ho gaya... Have you decided what are you going to do now? ", he asked wiping the tear at the corner of his eye.

" mai... I never got any freedom to decide what am I going to do.... Jo karna chahti thi vah karne ki koshish to maine bahut ki lekin Har baar haarti gayi ... Ab mujhe kya karna chahiye? Tum hi batao ab... ", she said.

" that's wrong... Hume jo chahiye vo paane ki zidd hum mein honi chahiye... I understand tum vo nahi kar paayi...par iss ghar mein har kisiko apni marzi se jeene ki azaadi hai... Ab tum bhi iss family ka ek hissa ho... So u r free to do whatever you want...", he said.

She was thinking of his words. She really wanted to decide about her life now. After some minutes of silence, Kartik spoke...

" I want to ask a question... ", he said startling her a bit.

" don't be scared... Tum uss ladke se pyaar karti ho ya nhi karti ho aisa kuch nahi puchne wala mai... I just want to ask that... At this moment... Do you love me? ", he asked looking in her eyes. She went silent after his question. There was no way she was going to say yes but if she said no that surely would have hurt him more so she chose to stay silent over speaking and just looked at him.  She expected him to read the answer in her eyes like he did earlier. Her eyes welled up.

He was observing all her expressions and the tears formed in her eyes. He smiled faintly.

" Understood !!  As usual your silence spoke for me.. I got my answer ", he said while smiling.

" tum kisise bohot pyaar karti thi.. Par situation aisi thi ki tum uske saath jaa nahi paayi aur tumhe mujhse shaadi karni pad gayi.. Aur ab tumhe sujh nahi raha hai ki kya kare... Right?... But u know what Naira... Iss sab mein ek baat 100% sach hai... Aur vo hai ki tum mujhse pyaar nahi karti... ", he said and walked a little backwards. He walked a little sideways and backfaced her to hide his tears.

" Naira... Tum kisi aur se pyaar karti thi ye tumhara past hai... Tum mujhse pyaar nahi karti ye mera present hai... Aur iss sab ke dam par mai humara future nahi khada kar sakta... Humara future ab completely tumhare decision pe depend karta hai Naira... You have to find your own way now...agar tumne chuna hua rasta meri taraf aata hai... Toh mai khush hu...lekin agar tumhara rasta tumhare pehle pyaar ki taraf jaata hai... Toh bhi mai khush hu... Coz I really care for you Naira... (Facing her)... I promise you Naira... Mai khud tumhe tumhare pyaar ke paas chhodke aaunga... So don't unpack your bags now.... Jis dinn tumhara decision hojayega usi din vo bag vaise hi lekar jayenge... Or who knows... Yahi par tumhe vo unpack karni pade..... Good night Naira... ", he smiled and went to the sofa to sleep. He took his blanket and laid his back on the sofa and closed his eyes trying to sleep.

Here Naira was shocked listening his words. How can anyone be so generous and good? She was thinking...
The complete decision was in her hands now. She took a deep breath and went to sleep on the bed.

••••

Will drop a small chapter in 2-3 days...

* Do comment and tell how is this chapter..
Don't forget to vote... It really motivates me...
See you in 3 days I guess...
Ba bye✌️