A heartfelt goodbye. 💔

She knew he loved her deeply. He trusted her with his life but she felt that she doesn't deserve his love. This is Mina's heartfelt letter to Hwoarang which was written months before the events of Tekken 8.

"My love,
   As I write this letter to you with deep regrets I must tell you everything. The true reason why I cannot return your feelings for me is because I am not the woman you think I am. All the years we've been together, sharing drinks, meals and laughter with each other. You've been truthful to me with everything in your life.... including your real name. But I have not. The things I've done, the people I've killed during my time as a mercenary, the horrors I've indured in the military and why I've changed my name. I wanted a fresh start. To forget everything and thus Mina Kane was born. But when I first met you during the third Iron Fist Tournament, you opened my heart back up again. Every moment that we've spent together I will cherish forever. As much as I would love to spend the rest of my life in peace with you.....I can't. I just can't. There's something that I have to do that only I can finish by myself. Please do not get involved or try to find me. But there is something that you can do for me....forget everything about me. Live your life and find someone who makes you happy. Someone who will cherish you and love you for you than I me. Because I know underneath that hot-headed, temperamental fiery ginger hair, in your heart you are a kind, and loyal man. Thank you for bringing the light back into my life. I'm so sorry but I have to go.....and I may never come back. I love you so much. Never forget that."

                                       Mina.

"나의 사랑,

    깊은 뉘우침으로 이 편지를 쓰면서 모든 것을 말해야 합니다. 내가 당신의 감정을 나에게 돌려줄 수 없는 진짜 이유는 내가 당신이 생각하는 여자가 아니기 때문입니다. 우리가 함께한 세월 동안 서로 술과 식사와 웃음을 나누었습니다. 당신은 당신의 삶의 모든 것에 대해 나에게 진실했습니다.... 당신의 실명을 포함하여. 그러나 나는하지 않았다. 내가 한 일들, 용병으로 있을 때 죽인 사람들, 군대에서 겪은 공포, 그리고 내가 이름을 바꾼 이유. 나는 새로운 시작을 원했다. 모든 것을 잊고 미나 케인이 탄생했습니다. 하지만 세 번째 Iron Fist 토너먼트에서 처음 만났을 때 다시 내 마음을 열었습니다. 함께한 모든 순간을 영원히 간직하겠습니다. 내 남은 여생을 당신과 평화롭게 보내고 싶은 만큼.....그렇게 할 수 없습니다. 나는 할 수 없다. 나 혼자만 끝낼 수 있는 일이 있다. 연루되거나 저를 찾으려고 하지 마세요. 하지만 당신이 나를 위해 할 수 있는 일이 있습니다....나에 대한 모든 것을 잊으세요. 당신의 인생을 살고 당신을 행복하게 만드는 사람을 찾으십시오. 나보다 너를 아껴주고 사랑해줄 사람. 그 성급하고 변덕스러운 불 같은 생강 머리 아래에 당신의 마음 속은 친절하고 충성스러운 사람이라는 것을 알고 있기 때문입니다. 내 삶에 빛을 되찾아 주셔서 감사합니다. 정말 미안하지만 나는 가야만 하고... 너무 사랑해요. 절대 잊지 마세요."    

                          미나 

"When I see you again, I hoped you moved on. Don't wanna pick up where we left off. When I see you again I hope you found peace and you're not looking in the wrong place. When I see you again, just like the smoke of your breath I promise I'll disappear just like your cigarette."

Mina would later burn the letter, as she listened more to her emotions.